Help discontinued part #: 5175302AB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZE6010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought my first RAM, 2012 Power Wagon. I need to replace rear axle actuator. Part number 5175302AB. This has been discontinued and looking for assistance how to procure one. Rear diff will lock, but sensor cannot verify it is lock and therefore will not lock the front.

Thanks!

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought my first RAM, 2012 Power Wagon. I need to replace rear axle actuator. Part number 5175302AB. This has been discontinued and looking for assistance how to procure one. Rear diff will lock, but sensor cannot verify it is lock and therefore will not lock the front.

Thanks!

Had you tried in person at a Ram dealer part’s department, which could use the computerized Ram parts locator to see if another dealer has the discontinued part in stock?

The locator can be used to search locally, regionally or nationally.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
OP
OP
Z

ZE6010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys! I have contacted local RAM dealer and they have not been much help. None in stock and referred me to ebay for any discontinued parts. The specialty mechanic I go to for my race toys referred to a local shop and is known as "the diff guy." Apparently he sold his last locker actuator 6 months ago, but is searching for another one for me too. So moving in the right direction I guess. But also being told to consider locker bypass kits too, which I'm currently researching now.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it were me, I'd probably remove it and inspect it before ordering a new one. They don't get used that much. Very likely to be something simple (something stuck, caught, corroded wire/connector, etc ..and put er back on if you find the issue.