Help finding hid projector thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw a post explaining the difference with and without projectors with your hid setup along with pictures of the light pattern, I can't seem to find it can anybody help me out?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No, I don't remember that one specifically but I have a similar story.

Without projectors you can see everything out to about 1/8th mile...the light goes everywhere. It's not focused and there's no cutoff at all.

Oncoming drivers hate this. I can't begin to count the number of folks who flashed their high beams at me or waved at me using only one finger. Same for folks who I was following. One upside is that they tend to move over out of the left lane to avoid the light. I helped a buddy move back up here from SoCal and after nightfall, he asked me to pull ahead of him as he couldn't stand the light...LOL

When I put on projectors, the light was focused, much better at standard distances and has a nice cutoff. A bonus is that I don't get high beam flashes or waved at with only one finger anymore.

I prefer the projector set up vs. HID's in stock capsules for sure.

Hope this helps.

HID in stock capsule, no projectors:

54.jpg

HID in retrofitted capsule with projectors:

Retro14.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, I don't remember that one specifically but I have a similar story.

Without projectors you can see everything out to about 1/8th mile...the light goes everywhere. It's not focused and there's no cutoff at all.

Oncoming drivers hate this. I can't begin to count the number of folks who flashed their high beams at me or waved at me using only one finger. Same for folks who I was following. One upside is that they tend to move over out of the left lane to avoid the light. I helped a buddy move back up here from SoCal and after nightfall, he asked me to pull ahead of him as he couldn't stand the light...LOL

When I put on projectors, the light was focused, much better at standard distances and has a nice cutoff. A bonus is that I don't get high beam flashes or waved at with only one finger anymore.

I prefer the projector set up vs. HID's in stock capsules for sure.

Hope this helps.

HID in stock capsule, no projectors:

54.jpg

HID in retrofitted capsule with projectors:

Retro14.jpg

Thanks for the info

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
ah, no need for PMs. The more info out the merrier.

I have all the parts here for your retro, and I drop ship the HIDs. :D

Projectors - Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors

You'll need the butyl and the high beam splitters for the 4th Gen Quads.

HIDs - 2009+ Dodge Ram HIDs - for "Quad" (H11) lights - just make sure you select "for mh1 projectors" so I get all the right goodies ordered for it.

Also, I'm doing a sale on the projectors and parts (not hids, but the butyl, etc) - 25% off.....coupon code is "JJ" - not sure how long I'll keep that sale going, but its on now! :D

Heating.........well, its fun. At least on an 09 you'll have some housings that have some age to them, should be a hair easier to open. Check the DIY section here, I have a write up on the full swap. ;)

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome, I should be ready within the next month or so. I can't wait to tackle this so I can see better at night, I miss my hid setup in my old truck.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
spiffy!

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Your gonna love the way they look, I guarantee it! (Men's warehouse reference, but it still applies here)

JJ's headlights are one word: Badassery!

Moved to Exterior section

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
What setup do I need to have projectors on my 2007

I have the HID but I also want the projectors

I'd go with the Morimoto Mini H1s, and on your lights........Orbit shrouds. I love those shrouds in that bowl.

Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors

Other odds and ends needed........
From that link above, projectors and shrouds plus:
Bix wires - this assumes you have a Bixenon setup now (if not, may need a new harness to get it all working as it should)
dust caps (to keep crap away from the back of the light)
H1 bulbs, which I carry too - H1 HID Bulbs

:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I ship USPS internationally, or FedEx. Depends on your needs.

Pricing to Mexico parts looks like USPS first class is about $35.