Help! Keys locked inside?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For those who say you cannot lock your keys in the cab, you can if you have manual locks like I do. As a matter of fact, I did it two days ago for the first time in many years. This is why I have an extra key in a magnetic box hidden up along the frame tail. Took 20 seconds to reach under, grab the box and get the key, and unlock the door.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For those who say you cannot lock your keys in the cab, you can if you have manual locks like I do. As a matter of fact, I did it two days ago for the first time in many years. This is why I have an extra key in a magnetic box hidden up along the frame tail. Took 20 seconds to reach under, grab the box and get the key, and unlock the door.
Nobody is perfect. Keep the keyfob in my pocket. No worries.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The fob can be locked inside!! It isn't supposed to happen that way, but when these awesome computers don't work right...it can happen. It happened a couple times on my wife's Durango. Luckily we were at home and the other fob was in the house, so an easy fix...but it can happen.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nobody is perfect. Keep the keyfob in my pocket. No worries.
That's what I try to do. This time I was only driving to the end of the drive to toss my garbage in the can down by the road and figured I'd just put them in the cup holder because, "There's no way I'll forget them in the 3 minutes it takes to complete the task." I was in error. :cool:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have been trying to change my habits some what.

First thing was to join AAA & get their Premier Plan, so both my Ram & Harley are covered. The 200 mile Tow could be useful.

I have began Locking my Rams doors using the Lock buttons in the Arm Rests, when i am away from home.

For some reason, when my Ram is parked in my parking spot, sometimes when i go to Remote Start in the morning.
The fuel pump runs, but it will not Remote Start.
I have to insert the FOB into the ignition to start the truck.

When i am in the apartment, BOTH of the FOBs are at least 35 feet away from the Ram & i change into shorts, my street pants are left by the bed.
I have thought about doing the Remote Start twice & cancelling it immediately both times. That way, all of the Starts would have to be done at the Ram, no more remote starts at home.
My neighbor is often outside near my Ram, he runs garage sales, so people may be bumping the Ram & setting off the Security System, if my Ram has one.