Help Me Decide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sorry you feel that way, but it's true. I call BS on everyone over exaggerating these problems, that why I'll continue to share my experiences each time I see the BS. If I save anybody some time and money then I'm glad I did.

And I agree with you, I'm real sorry you didn't consult me first and save yourself the effort!
No BS about my truck -its a 2012 with no chips on chrome bumpers or the painted valence above-as for the cloth seats they are very comfortable,I have faux leather seat covers - I dont need heat or cooled seats{i wouldnt mind them} because my commute is short. What I would like is a sunroof however. The Bighorn is well equipt with dual exhaust and some other goodies-but for some extras you will have to step-up. Its fancy enough for my needsDSC00552.JPG

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The question asked was-what Ram version people preferred and are cloth seats good-its funny how a site can veer off everywhere!!! LOL

OP
OP
bassslayer25

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
The question asked was-what Ram version people preferred and are cloth seats good-its funny how a site can veer off everywhere!!! LOL

Hey it happens haha Really like any thoughts and opinions on any part of these trucks! Helps with the decision process lol

Three5ooo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
19 big horn. White and IMO white with chrome looks classic. Getting tired of white with black accents or blacked out rams. The white with chrome looks killer all cleaned and waxed. The cloth is nice and leather trim is nice but you can’t beat leather seats. I have little kids and I take there shoes off when they get in. I don’t want them grinding dirt into the cloth. My wife has a MDX and everything wipes right off the leather. I like the look of chrome on white, dark gray and basically any other color but black. That being said leather interior is a nice option in the long run

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly. Funny thing is, the KBB on it around 16k. I told him that and he said that doesn't account for the tires and wheels. I wanted to say, "my ass" lol It gives you an option for 20"+ wheels. And even then it still is at 16k.

And it doesn't even have navigation, parking sensors, heated seats etc that some other sports came with. Like I said, nothing wrong with that and I'm actually okay with getting a truck like that, but not at the price he's asking lol

Sounds like you made the right call, you called him on his BS and he still wouldn't budge, not worth it. Unfortunate but when you find the right truck/deal it will be worth it. It'd be funny to tell him you have a trade with about $5,000 worth of upgrades on, so if you trade that in you'd get the value of all the extras, right? I'd just like to see how he would handle that.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No BS about my truck -its a 2012 with no chips on chrome bumpers or the painted valence above-as for the cloth seats they are very comfortable,I have faux leather seat covers - I dont need heat or cooled seats{i wouldnt mind them} because my commute is short. What I would like is a sunroof however. The Bighorn is well equipt with dual exhaust and some other goodies-but for some extras you will have to step-up. Its fancy enough for my needs

I'm glad your chrome has held up that well, I'm hoping mine does too on my new 17. I never cared too much about the seat material, my 2 sports had the leather/cloth mesh combo and I liked that. My longhorn has the nice leather and I have to say, I just took a trip down to Virginia and back this weekend and those seats seem even more comfortable for longer hauls. I don't think I adjusted once on my entire drive back today, about 5 1/2 hours. Also my first vehicle with a sunroof, so far I'm enjoying it.

Edit: Also my first 32 gallon tank, came in very handy for my drive back today, with a 26 gallon tank I would have had to stop, with the 32 I made it the entire way home on about 7/8 of a tank.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
In my area sports hold up better because the chrome coating chips and rusts. I’ve seen more rust on Laramie trim levels here than any other model. Especially the two tone Laramie for some reason....

The sport and Laramie will both chip. But sport is just plastic. Few hundred bucks and get it repainted worst case.

Also, the sports are hands down the sexiest trucks on the road in my opinion. The lights. The hood etc. Love the wheels too. I have the express poor mans versions [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bassslayer25

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Yeah at this point I'd be fine with a larmaie, sport, or bighorn. Just something that's a fair price and checks most of my boxes lol

SATCOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The PO’s originally questioned plastic painted grill and cloth seats asking for pros and cons. Then asked about paint holding up versus chrome. Is not the chrome grill and the painted grill both plastic? If so chrome is a paint? My recently totalled 2009 56,000 mile HEMI crewcab with monochromatic red never had problems with chipping. Leather seats replaced by RAM at no charge. Worked and worn as they should have. Blowing cold air on your backside on long trips is great.

Following has nothing to do with op inquires;

(One recall for the perforated leather seats. One problem with AC radiator required replacement. All maintenance done as scheduled except changing spark plugs each 30K miles and $350 at dealer! Even after Ford F150 t-boned drivers side doors, I was able to close/open doors and drove it 400 miles home. Received $21,800 from insurance.

OP
OP
bassslayer25

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Now I am kinda going back and forth between crew and quad cabs. Obviously id like to have the crew but they are either too expensive or just not for sale period.

Is the quad cab configuration roomy enough for longer trips or is basically and extended cab with a regular door?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now I am kinda going back and forth between crew and quad cabs. Obviously id like to have the crew but they are either too expensive or just not for sale period.

Is the quad cab configuration roomy enough for longer trips or is basically and extended cab with a regular door?

I can't really say because I haven't been in one, but I'm pretty sure it's like an extended cab with regular door.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

I’ve had two quad cabs and a crew. The crew is sufficiently sized. Quad is uncomfortable and useless especially if car seats are involved. Anything longer than an hour drive would suck for an average sized man.

Crew cab is comfortable. In my opinion for true comfort and space mega cab would be my choice of budget was of no concern. My buddies older ford maybe 2009 ish ? Had a massive back seat and the seats moved out of the way for a huge flat floor. But it was a ford lol. Ford do have massive interiors tho

Here’s the size difference
118b94b62ca1a6633da449454a64e22c.jpg
06c1236916d8152e8cc00609a4f08c41.jpg2c3be385913e0121db414d014999b106.jpg

Last edited:

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI

the crew cab is definatelly bigger in the back seat area than a quad cab-I have the quad cab and use it for storage with the seats up and a flat floor-works great for gear-but if you plan on seating adults in the back you will want the crew cab for sure.

TexasDrone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 and 2019
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Go with MegaCab! Love ours.