Help me with these dyno charts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm looking to get the flowmaster cat back system 817477 for my 2015 CC Sport. The one chart is of the direct bolt on muffler only and the other is the cat back system.

It appears that the muffler only chart shows better gains, except in the low rpm ranges.

The cat back chart seems to show slight gains early in the rom range and then gets more noticeable as the rpms climb.

Am I wrong when I see the muffler only actually having bigger gains in the mid rpm range or am I looking at this charts wrong?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
N

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had to post charts in two separate posts......sorry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In real world application, I wouldn't expect to notice any actual change in power.
A lot of people thing they're truck is faster, only because their wallet is lighter. Lol

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I don't know the price difference but I would just do the muffler. Their is nothing wrong with the factory stainless exhaust. That's just my opinion

OP
OP
N

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know the price difference but I would just do the muffler. Their is nothing wrong with the factory stainless exhaust. That's just my opinion

Agreed. The direct bolt on i can get for around $275, the full cat back is closer to $600.

I know my way around motors and add parts from my teenage / twenties years, so i know that any real gains won't be felt, but from everything I knew, it seems to be the opposite of what it should be......

MSExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck weighs 5620 with me in it. You're not going to feel a loss or gain of 5hp.