Help with dash cam 2019 2500 6.7L Laramie Mega

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Montana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Hi everyone. I am having an issue with my families dash cam in their 2019 2500 6.7L Laramie MC and hoping to find an answer spelled out in crayon for me ;)

I gifted this dashcam to my family and they had it installed by a dealer near them. It's a Viofo T130 3CH. It's pretty straight forward with a hardwiring kit, voltage regulator etc etc... However, the dashcam is getting constant power and I can't seem to find the correct fuses to use my add a fuse with. I've turned parking mode off and the camera refuses to shut off, even after long durations. I checked the voltage regulator and it was on the lowest setting, 11.something. I switched it to 12.4 - because my family doesn't need parking mode for that long and it's just safer for their use to avoid excess drain. Parking mode duration originally was only 1 hour. Even with the parking mode set to one hour, and the voltage regulator on the lowest setting, it never shut off. So that tells me the fuses are incorrect. I also forced a couple firmware updates thinking maybe it was something with the cam early on. Everything is up to date now, parking mode is off, all settings are changed to where the cam should power off when the truck is off. I even tried a boot delay of 10 seconds and a parking mode timer for 90 seconds. Nothing changed the fact it's not shutting off.

I am not very good with testing fuses and diagnosing this sort of issue. Actually, I am the opposite of good with this stuff and shouldn't even own a multi-meter because I have no clue how to use it. Every dash cam I have installed has been pretty much plug and play thanks to information on forums and a lot of people doing the same thing. However, any time I search for anything with their specific truck - I get nothing. I have no idea what fuses to use here. The only fuse box is under the hood in this truck.

So my question is, can anyone here give me a straight forward which fuse to use answer? They are currently in F94 (SBW/TCASE SW/TRL TPM) and spare F46. Both seem to power the cam on when the truck is off and hasn't been started - and one shouldn't. So the only thing I can diagnose is that both are constant power and not switched and did so by swapping the wires to either one. Looking through the manual and checking similar 10amp's is like me reading braille. I tested F40 (Vent STS) and F41 (grille shutter dam) as well, both were what I thought would be switched but it appears not. So at this point I have no idea. Any help is appreciated. I do know how to use the multimeter to test fuses, but not for constant/switched power - so maybe a tutorial on that would steer me in the right direction if nobody has a "use these fuses" answer. I don't trust the dealer (obviously) to work on anything so I'd like to avoid having my family take it back up there and I'll just make another trip to them and fix it myself. Thanks in advance.

I should also clarify the reason I am posting is because everywhere I look it seems the only "tutorials" have a fuse box located in their cab and for a totally different model. Otherwise I'd just piggy back what previous dashcam installers have done. So I apologize if I missed a thread or some information somewhere in this ocean of the internet.

Last edited: