Help - Part identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TiE2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Long story short, about a week ago my front drive shaft snapped off my truck.

Durring the incident, it looks like it took some sort of air filter for my fuel system. I'm currently throwing a p0457 vacum code. I cannot for the life of me figure out what this part is called for a replacment.

in the first pic, to the far left is my fuel tank. next to it i think is my fuel pump. As you can see I have a hose that is not connected to anything... and above that another hose with a "funnel" looking plastic pice. I think this was some sort of air filter for the fuel vaccum system.

does anyone know what this part is called? and if they do give me a breef discription on what it's for. Thanks!

20130307_191651_zps047fed08.jpg

20130307_191719_zpse27af2c7.jpg

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Where that loose hose connects too is not in the photo. There should be a cannister it attaches too. Try and find where is it disconnected or maybe the piece it plugs into has been ripped off the Truck. look in the area where the tube running from the front of the truck drivers side follows the frame down to the evac system items under the truck. Easy to find as there are 2-3 hoses like that in the same area you can see easily when under the truck.

OP
OP
TiE2000

TiE2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where that loose hose connects too is not in the photo. There should be a cannister it attaches too. Try and find where is it disconnected or maybe the piece it plugs into has been ripped off the Truck. look in the area where the tube running from the front of the truck drivers side follows the frame down to the evac system items under the truck. Easy to find as there are 2-3 hoses like that in the same area you can see easily when under the truck.

Thanks for the quick response.

I believe the cannister you are referring to, I have circled in red in the top photo. the second photo is just a better shot of the cannister. It is definetely damaged, and missing all it's insides.

OP
OP
TiE2000

TiE2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking around the net, looks simular to a transmission filter
http://images.oreillyauto.com/parts/img/large/acd/tf102m_primary.jpg

only problem is, looks like it had some sort of plasic bracket that attached it to the top of that fuel pump.. or whatever it is. sorry i'm no mechanic... so i could be completley wrong on what that cannister is sitting on top of

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That hose is coming off the leak detection pump and goes into the NVLD filter...it's part #04891561AA