Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Czaplac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Can anyone Help?

Before you read this please understand I’m in too deep to turn back now. I have a ‘03 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi 4x4. Since I bought the truck 6 years ago I have replaced with mostly MOPAR or OEM parts by choice or necessity:

1. Entire cooling system
2. Brakes, rotors, Calipers, and lines
3. Throttle body
4. Alternator
5. Dashboard
6. Truck bed
7. Shocks/struts
8. Power steering pump
9. Gear box
10. Replaced my map sensor three times with OEM from the dealership
11. Pitman arm and steering linkage
12. A/C compressor, lines, radiator, dryer
13. At 305,000 miles I replaced the engine with one that had 55,000 miles on it.

Here are the two issues im having:

1. AC clutch is fairly intermittent at idle but when driving down the road under power AC blows cold as hell which is why I replaced it yesterday with a whole new system thinking the clutch was bad but apparently it’s got nothing to do with that because I’m having the same issue
2. If I’m sitting at a light or at idle and accelerate too quickly it turns on the throttle warning light on the Koster and throws up a code saying cannot measure manifold air pressure

Can anyone offer any advice on what to look for and please bear with me as you suggest things that I might’ve already tried

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If you just weighed in the refrigerant charge, you need to check the pressures and temperatures the AC system is running to further troubleshoot the problem. I'm going to guess the evaporator is dirty/partially plugged.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Sorry, I'm not understanding the problem with the AC. Is it that it doesn't always blow cold, or that it blows too cold?

What's a Koster? I'm assuming you replaced the MAP sensor 3 times because of that code. Is that also why you replaced the throttle body? Was it new or an aftermarket part?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the a/c Does the condenser fan kick on? If its cold when driving and then warm at idle that is most likely your issue also check the pressures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01