help with wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dylanprobert293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have a 2009 ram 1500 crew cab with the base radio with uconnect, i bought a kenwood dmx7709s touchscreen radio, i have most of the wires hooked up accept a few

radio wires
-only wire i don’t have hooked up is the red wire which is a ignition wire, but i do not know where to hook this up as i can’t see a ignition wire on the truck diagram

dash harness
-i have the uconnect wires not connected to anything obviously, but then i have 2 wires that aren’t connected too, in the wiring diagram on is CAN IHS BUS (-) and it goes to computer data lines

second wire is CAN IHS BUS (+) and it also goes to the computer data lines

where do i hook these up if at all?

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
There should be a +12v ACC in the factory harness. You can use a MM to see which one gives you power when the ignition is on otherwise, you can use the MM at the fuse box and find a ACC circuit. You then use an Add-A-Circuit fuse tap to get the power you need. CAN bus is for steering wheel controls. If you have that, then you should have gotten a plug n play device like a PAC RP4-CH11.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca