help

2500 diesel gas mi

• gas mil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2500 ram

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was thinking of purchasing a 2017 through 2020 Dodge Ram 4 x 4 3/4 ton diesel I can't seem to find out what is the factory gas mileage City and Highway or with Tunes also if I add Tunes does that void the warranty can someone please answer my question thank you

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Adding tunes will void your warranty.

Fuel mileage will be all over the map depending on how you drive, the conditions you are driving in and whether or not you are towing.

With an empty truck, which is fully deleted and tuned, I realized a bit over 22.5 MPG on a recent road trip traveling at freeway speeds. Around town I see 15.5 to 16.5 MPG. Towing light (4k to 8K pounds) at freeway speeds I'll get 15.5 to 16.5 as well.

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
A stock Cummins with DEF (2013+) will get at least 16 one the highway unless severe grades or headwind, but probably better. I have a deleted 11 that is tuned and deleted and with the current ezlynk 30hp tune mine will make 18 - 20 mpg highway. If I had a newer DEF truck I would probably leave it stock even though I possibly make better mileage with my tuned truck. In stock form my truck made around 12 mpg or so, and that is why I deleted. When I was running the H&S MiniMaxx I have gotten over 23 mpg running 75 mph on the interstate, but the Mini box tune was hard on the head gasket and therefore it had to go. The EPA is cracking down hard on emission delete tuning companies and I would advise anyone with a newer diesel to leave it stock, and delete tunes are getting all but impossible to find.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
MADDOG is on one end of the scale, I'm probably on the other. I have a 2012 2500 6.7 CTD, crew cab w/ 8' bed, that is emissions stock, suspension stock, and tires stock. I do a roughly 1 hour commute each way to work every day, all interstate traffic through downtown Tampa. I have a heavy right foot and am usually doing in the vicinity of 80 mph. I have a solid 15 mpg over the past 4 months in an empty truck, as indicated on both the EVIC and from hand calculating my mileage vs fuel from the pump. Pulling a -loaded- (probably closer to OVERloaded) 16x7 dual-axle utility trailer I drop down to between 13 and 14 mpg.

I am considering a full delete but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I see a lot of positives but also read about more than a few negatives.

In the very near future I will be adding a suspension lift & level and 35's... That will definitely effect my mileage, I may look into a mild tune to offset the loss. Or just live with it, will see when I get the work done. I don't drive a truck for mileage, I drive one because I need one (and because I want to. :) )

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have an 18’ and with combined highway and city mine runs 17-18.5 calculated. Towing my 7k TT 65-70 mph 11-12 mpg. Your right foot and the ignition switch operated correctly will do more to improve your fuel mileage than any snake oil add on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45