Hemi Start up noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CapeRR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been meaning to ask this for a while but didn't get around to it. Anyway I've had my 2009 Sport 5.7 for a year now and notice on cold starts, the left(driver's) side of the engine ticks louder, by listening in the wheel wells, than the rights side but quiets once it's warmed up a bit.
Is it normal or common to have one side of the engine noisier than the other on start up??

hammer40

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 6.4 Hemi and noticed similar noise with cold starts. I come from a Ford and the ticking/knocking sounds are a bit disconcerting. Even my 12 year old asked if it was supposed to be like that. Sounds fine after it warms up though.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Cracked manifold and/or broken stud(s). Common problem, especially on ford modular engines and 09 hemis, there was a tsb i think for the studs of those year rams.

OP
OP
CapeRR

CapeRR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cracked manifold and/or broken stud(s). Common problem, especially on ford modular engines and 09 hemis, there was a tsb i think for the studs of those year rams.

I had the manifold bolts on the passenger side done shortly after I bought it and the driver's side were good at the time. Doesn't sound like it but I should probably have a look up the next time I'm out around it.

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had the same noise. It's at the shop now. It was an exhaust manifold bolt. Should get it back today.