Hemi tick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My owner's manual says 5w-20 is recommended, but 5w-30 is acceptable if 20 isn't available. I'd assume it is talking about Penzoil conventional oil, as that is the factory fill and also what the manual recommends.

OP
OP
iJacob

iJacob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a muffler delete so i can hear it kick in and out. After you get used to it you can feel it kick in without hearing it but you have to be paying attention. Definatly helps to remove that bus muffler. Sounds like an underwater helicopter, or a strange subaru, when its in mds
It's funny u say that I was telling my wife idk why my truck sounds like a weird subaru occasionally haha.

xtreme762

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If you own a tuner you can up the idle RPM by 50, or 100 RPM, and the tick will all but go away due to the higher oil pressure being pushed to the top end.

I leave my 05' at 700 RPM idle. No tick, but because the motor has 110k on it the lifters chatter slightly. You can very faintly hear them. Still no tick.

I've run all the higher end oils through it with the same result. So I run exclusively 5w20 Royal Purple, and add a 12oz. bottle of Pro Long every other oil change.