Here we go.. 2019 DT transmission noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BullCycles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like the honeymoon is over. My 2019 Bighorn (5.7 3:21 4x4 non e-Torque 34000mi) started making some strange ringing sound. Only happens in gear, every gear at 1800-2000 RPM. Does not happen in neutral. Trans is starting to feel sluggish, and im getting some hesitation when hitting the gas. Engine will rev then it takes off. Scary sometimes when merging or turning right at a red light.

I found one other person who had this issue who posted on YouTube. Said dealer replaced valve body and it was fixed for a few months but came back. Eventually had the entire transmission replaced by the dealer and that fixed it. Unfortunately my warranty just expired, so ill be on the hook for this crap. I have had a Ram for the past 22 years. Finally treat myself to a new one and im starting to regret trading in my last 2015.

Heres a video (not mine but exact same noise) You can hear it clearly starting at 2:09. If anyone had this issue please let me know. Or if you have any thoughts. Trying to weigh my options before 20 trips to the dealer out of pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NsUiOQTQJ0

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
With this being a 2019 with only 34k miles on it why would this not be covered by the factory powertrain warranty that's good for 5/60k?

Rasworld84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like the honeymoon is over. My 2019 Bighorn (5.7 3:21 4x4 non e-Torque 34000mi) started making some strange ringing sound. Only happens in gear, every gear at 1800-2000 RPM. Does not happen in neutral. Trans is starting to feel sluggish, and im getting some hesitation when hitting the gas. Engine will rev then it takes off. Scary sometimes when merging or turning right at a red light.

I found one other person who had this issue who posted on YouTube. Said dealer replaced valve body and it was fixed for a few months but came back. Eventually had the entire transmission replaced by the dealer and that fixed it. Unfortunately my warranty just expired, so ill be on the hook for this crap. I have had a Ram for the past 22 years. Finally treat myself to a new one and im starting to regret trading in my last 2015.

Heres a video (not mine but exact same noise) You can hear it clearly starting at 2:09. If anyone had this issue please let me know. Or if you have any thoughts. Trying to weigh my options before 20 trips to the dealer out of pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NsUiOQTQJ0
I'm having the same issue. 2015 ram 1500 5.7 hemi. I have posted comments under his video trying to find a solution. The noise came back after his transmission was replaced. Did you ever take your truck to the dealer? Did they find out what was casing the noise? I have been trying to figure this out for a year now.