HID Kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I just bought a set of 55W HID bulbs for my headlights and was wondering if anyone has used the Innovated set on the Rams before and if you need the anti-flicker harness or anything extra to make them work perfectly.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cant comment on that brand, but I will say if the company is offering it/recommending it...get the kit.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did you get a kit? You need ballasts and a harness adapter at the very least.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed the GTR 55w 6000k and they are wicked bright. Also a lifetime warranty is pretty sweet and that justified the $300 price tag for me.
Here’s the one pic i took after. I live in the country and it’s a dark, dark street

F72F1E10-AD75-4BF7-99A3-2881CE853B4B.jpeg

Underground Lighting

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
most likely you will need addons for canbus and anti flickering. We have a plug and play error and flicker free kit for 149.99 shipped 2 year warranty.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I just bought a set of 55W HID bulbs for my headlights and was wondering if anyone has used the Innovated set on the Rams before and if you need the anti-flicker harness or anything extra to make them work perfectly.

^^Hit up @Underground Lighting They'll set you up with exactly what you need^^

OP
OP
Danny Smith

Danny Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yep, same set I've been running 4 years never a problem

Do you guys run that HID kit in your headlights and fog lights? Also I see them on Amazon but want to make sure I get what you got so I know they work, can you send me the link to them?

Squirrel1270

Air Force Retired
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you guys run that HID kit in your headlights and fog lights? Also I see them on Amazon but want to make sure I get what you got so I know they work, can you send me the link to them?

I was looking at getting the GTR HIDs for low beam and foglight. I saw a video that recommended LED for high beams though if you don't run them for long periods of time as HID takes a little time to warm up to full brightness. If you're turning them on and off, you don't really get the full effect.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at getting the GTR HIDs for low beam and foglight. I saw a video that recommended LED for high beams though if you don't run them for long periods of time as HID takes a little time to warm up to full brightness. If you're turning them on and off, you don't really get the full effect.
Also turning them on and off quickly is bad for the parts. LED or halogen for high beams, unless you do an hid kit with a shutter for high beam use. Not sure how easily that would integrate with the truck though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Six months with HID 55 watt low beam on projector lights and 35 watt hid on fog lights and not one problem with any canbus crap or messages. I got my Lights from Headlight Revolution.com They come with life time warranty on the ballast and lamps

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got that lifting kit from HR as well. Must be my bad luck, but I had a ballast go in the first month. The big problem is they seem to have trouble with stocking them as it took 47 days to get my original set and now they say they are back ordered weeks to get me a replacement ballast. I’m returning them and going with the DDM plus 35watt for $200 less and also has a lifetime warranty. When they arrive I will do a side by side comparison and if he GTR are that much brighter I might just go through with the replacement set and hang on to the DDM’s as backups in case I have problems with the GTR.
I’m having a tough time deciding what I want to do here.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got that lighting kit from HR as well. Must be my bad luck, but I had a ballast go in the first month. The big problem is they seem to have trouble with stocking them, as it took 47 days to get my original set and now they say they are back ordered weeks to get me a replacement ballast.

I’m considering returning them and going with the DDM plus 35watt for $200 less and also has a lifetime warranty. When they arrive I will do a side by side comparison and if he GTR are that much brighter I might just go through with the replacement set and hang on to the DDM’s as backups in case I have problems with the GTR.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got that lighting kit from HR as well. Must be my bad luck, but I had a ballast go in the first month. The big problem is they seem to have trouble with stocking them, as it took 47 days to get my original set and now they say they are back ordered weeks to get me a replacement ballast.

I’m considering returning them and going with the DDM plus 35watt for $200 less and also has a lifetime warranty. When they arrive I will do a side by side comparison and if he GTR are that much brighter I might just go through with the replacement set and hang on to the DDM’s as backups in case I have problems with the GTR.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

$89 DDM Tuning is plug and play, and has a lifetime warranty. Cheapest you will find at $89 shipped on Amazon prime.