Hodges 2016 Bilstein Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I don't know if you have the option on the headlight switch to use fog lights?, i think if you did you can
get the factory harness, Mopar 68197065AA
and this connectors to wire those fogs to the factory harness for a plug and play experience at least on the electrical side https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Wiri...rds=AA1220&qid=1574979187&s=automotive&sr=1-1
Nope, I have the tradesman with nothing. There is a hole in the dash from the old owner so I'll re just use that for the switches for now and the included harness. If I had a stock fog bumper and switches in the truck i would surely copy your alpha obd route, but this setup is gonna hit me less than 100$ so I'll rock it.

What I want I really can't afford, like always lol. But judging by your pics these should perform like I really want. Down the road I'll add more and the factory looking switches, but right now this'll do.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I need this bumper. Someone give me $1800. K thanks

Screenshot_20191204-200408.jpg

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My fogs are wired to factory switch. I think if you go back through my build thread, i did all the math to make sure it wouldn't cook anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
My fogs are wired to factory switch. I think if you go back through my build thread, i did all the math to make sure it wouldn't cook anything.
I'm surely gonna get the oem aux switch panel this spring. Right now is just a semi permanent solution.

My first try today was a fail. So I need to figure out how I'm gonna get these lights mounted. Might use a cheap Amazon mount for now just to get them situated and on. I'm looking at a bumper that's a DIY from MOVE bumpers. My buddy has a nice shop, so if I can get a pre bent kit, that saves me alot of hassle and I will modify it at the shop till I like it.

So right now I just want the lights on......managed to get the switch drilled in. So I at least don't have a hole in the dash. Waiting for the glue to dry since i didnt like the way it wiggled.
3e2f4c322da97386c992eeb41e531798.jpg

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Ordered this thing. Its silly, but whatever. For $20 it saves me all the aggravation compared tk how today went. Its only temporary, as my only other options were totally disassemble my front bumper, or hang them on the under side.

Didnt like either choice, so this will do. Screenshot_20191205-154750.jpg

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Ordered this thing. Its silly, but whatever. For $20 it saves me all the aggravation compared tk how today went. Its only temporary, as my only other options were totally disassemble my front bumper, or hang them on the under side.

Didnt like either choice, so this will do. View attachment 188150

Hey, whatever it takes!

Did you see my post about the switch options for the CTS2? It was in your other light thread

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hey, whatever it takes!

Did you see my post about the switch options for the CTS2? It was in your other light thread
Yea I did, I answered you in my mind! Lmao seriously. I do like the modular option with the cts setup. But I also like the factory aux switch setup as well. So, ill decide when I actually get closer to that purchase. For now I have an existing hole in the dash bezel I can utilize and the harness is already setup up to rock. Just have to wait till I get that light mount in on Monday now.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Threw some pods on the Heep while I'm waiting for my Ram stuff to come in. Wired right into the factory fog harness made it a breeze. Not DOT/SAE so they will only be used when I'm not around traffic but for 50$ I'm perfectly content. Interesting to see how the output is. Beater jeep got beater lights. Tractor supply special FTW. 20191207_144709.jpg20191207_144759.jpg

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
So got my lights on. Used the daystar firewall grommet, drilled through the clutch delete plate like jb1 did. Will be easy to add the aux panel without hassle.

Wired in a basic rocker switch, ran the harness behind grill and snuck wires under bumper cap. The harness provided was actually decent, had a relay, and was plug and play. Excited to see how they throw light, seem to be Pretty nice for 100$.

The mount is aluminum, it's cheesy. I enlarged the holes to take a 1/2 bolt through the bumper. It vibrates a tiny bit at idle but I don't care. It doesn't look TERRIBLE, so for now it will do. $120 I can't *****. Cheap mods FTW!20191209_162553.jpg20191209_162628.jpg20191209_162617.jpg20191209_162600.jpg

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Also, if anyone starts to get the annoying squeak from the blower motor. I drilled a hole the same size as a wd40 hose just below the retainer clip. Sprayed the blower rod and let it sit so the spray could soak the bushings in the motor than flipped it over and let it sit inverted to drip the excess out. Wiped it down, brake cleaned the cage and reinstalled. Drove it around with heat on to burn off the odor and we are squeak free finally. Was driving me nuts

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Also, if anyone starts to get the annoying squeak from the blower motor. I drilled a hole the same size as a wd40 hose just below the retainer clip. Sprayed the blower rod and let it sit so the spray could soak the bushings in the motor than flipped it over and let it sit inverted to drip the excess out. Wiped it down, brake cleaned the cage and reinstalled. Drove it around with heat on to burn off the odor and we are squeak free finally. Was driving me nuts

The downside to WD-40 is that it tends to be more of a solvent and won't last for the long run in my experience. I'd give one of these a shot for more lasting results with "WD-40".

https://www.wd40.com/products/dry-lube/
https://www.wd40.com/products/white-lithium-grease/

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
The downside to WD-40 is that it tends to be more of a solvent and won't last for the long run in my experience. I'd give one of these a shot for more lasting results with "WD-40".

https://www.wd40.com/products/dry-lube/
https://www.wd40.com/products/white-lithium-grease/
If the squeak returns I'll surely try something for longevity. Problem is i can't directly spray the bushing/bearing. I couldn't get the cage off the blower. So I drilled a hole and sprayed the metal shaft that runs the cage and let it run down. There was alot of "dust" looked like brake dust on the cage. So I assume it's not long before the motor starts to fail. For now it's happy. When it breaks I'm buying new and smashing it with my 8lb beater

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Got bored and reinstalled my trac bar relocation bracket. With the updated rear setup the track bar had a bit of positive angle to it. Wasn't drastic, nor did it feel like it affected anything, but I'm curious to see if the rear feels different with it at a different angle. Consider it an experiment. It's like 10* this morning so no pics since I have no interest in taking my gloves off. I'll snap a pic when I head outside to take it for a ride.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Took a load of wood to a family friends. Windy bumpy mountain road, didn't hit the bump stops, no issues, no wallowing or any drama. Seasoned wood so maybe 5-600lbs if I had to guess but I could be wrong. Rear sagged to 38 1/2" but handled like nothing was back there. Was really surprised considering these coils are pretty soft. 20191221_154026.jpg20191221_154037.jpg

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
So was out running errands and went into party mode. There's a back road that bypasses town with a perfect set of railroad tracks. Can see a 1/2 mile in both directions. It's never usually empty until today. So I went and let it rip. No idea how much air I got, but it was enough to fully cycle everything.

At full bump the track bar bracket kisses the upper crossmember. This is with stock bumps. Didn't hear or feel it so it wasn't enough to worry me. I'm gonna call falcon for giggles and ask about their bumps, since I'm torn between them and the blue sumos @joshuaeb09 is running. Bumps will be the last piece of the puzzle until I upgrade to 2.5s.

As for the front, these 6112s continue to surprise me. Zero drama. No crazy high speed rebound or any weird pogo **** you sometimes see with a factory valving. Was incredibly surprised, so nothing to see there.

Just don't jump your truck with **** in the cup holders if you decide to be dumb like me. 20191222_143343.jpg20191222_143417.jpg20191222_143448.jpg20191222_143704.jpg20191222_143516.jpg

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Sideways pics....not sure why...lame

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Jumping railroad tracks, good times. Any word from Falcon on their bumps? Looks like you could also shave down that bracket some, if you wanted.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Lol. I'd probably just hit that bracket with an angle grinder at the upper hole, paint it, and call it a day unless you ever plan on enough rear lift to need it. So far I've been pleased with the softest somo's. I was curious about the Falcon's as well, but the sumos are just so much bigger(diameter) for the odd occasion when I need to use it for truck things. If you end up trying them I'm curious to know how they work out with the spring/daystar combo we're both running.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Jumping railroad tracks, good times. Any word from Falcon on their bumps? Looks like you could also shave down that bracket some, if you wanted.
Haven't emailed them yet. Figure I'll wait till after Xmas and I'll likely call them. I'll prob trim the bracket as well, it's just too cold and I've been sick. So long as I resist the urge to get wild I don't have to worry. It's a touch over 7" to the points where it contacts lol.

The RxR crossing is like a big table top jump, it's perfect. Gotta use what I can in NJ.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Lol. I'd probably just hit that bracket with an angle grinder at the upper hole, paint it, and call it a day unless you ever plan on enough rear lift to need it. So far I've been pleased with the softest somo's. I was curious about the Falcon's as well, but the sumos are just so much bigger(diameter) for the odd occasion when I need to use it for truck things. If you end up trying them I'm curious to know how they work out with the spring/daystar combo we're both running.
I'm surely planning on giving it the ol grinder treatment. Been too cold and I've got the flu, so fml. Considering it's at full bump, it's avoidable until I tweak it so not worried.

I need to call falcon and see how much the bumps will cost. I like the idea of the sumos being multi purpose. We'll see. I'm just stoked the truck didn't suck when it catches air!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357