How Do You Clean Your Leather?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahhh, stuff happens! But that's a long time to go without putting a cleaner / conditioner on them! I try to do the seats in each car at least every few washes. Hope you like the Zaino's stuff as much as I do. I started using it 8 or 9 years ago after had Katzkin leather installed on my 4th gen. Love the smell of it too. It's the only thing I've used since then.
What is this washing you speak of?
I thought the rain took care of that...lol
Being on a dirt I literally just rinse it like every other week...I might wash it every couple of months.does get whatever wax type product I have in the cabinet at that point.
The interior gets a once a month cleanin at least....I use the maguire cleaner then conditioner stuff on mine.
Is a pain now that I put on the RC covers but I do fold them up and still clean and condition.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wifes leather is coated with Undrdog Pro. Its just a simple quick detail wipe down and done. Takes 15 minutes to do the entire car including the hard plastics.

MattHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wifes leather is coated with Undrdog Pro. Its just a simple quick detail wipe down and done. Takes 15 minutes to do the entire car including the hard plastics.
Tried underdog pro before and works great!

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I used Lexol for years with good results, but admittedly it smells like someone vomited in the car after. My wife made me find another product because she hated the smell. I've been using Weiman leather cleaner/conditioner lately and so far I like it. Her Armada has the brown leather and at 48k miles and some harsh conditions (she's messy) it still looks new. I did the seats in my Ram last night and at 111k miles it still looks new as well. Not sure what the previous owner used but they used something. The Weiman doesn't have much of a smell and leaves a nice matte finish.

hrdas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In my Ram manual they actually recommend Dawn then condition. I use chemical guys leather cleaner then condition after the leather dries. As for you thinking
it's painted .... I doubt it when black leather wears you see a thinner layer of blue tint. You can get it re dyed.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Wieman's or Meguiar's wipes work well for me.

mills3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use P&S Express Interior Cleaner for all of my interior surfaces. If they are super dirty, maybe using an all purpose cleaner would be better.

I use a scrub pad for areas that are a little bit dirtier. Spray the product on the pad and scrub gently. If I need a little more cleaning power, I'll use a brush.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I use 303 automotive protectant. It cleans and leaves it shiny and doesn’t attract dust. Has us protectant for weeks…it says. Easy peasy. Works great on the entire interior save the glass and fabric. Works nice on the washed floor mats as well. It’s not slippery like other protectants and really makes them look new.

I use this on the engine bay as well.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357