How Do You Clean Your Leather?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Just wondering what is the most gentle cleaner for the leather? My leather wrapped steering wheel has obviously been painted, for there are spots showing a light blue/ grey coming through. What would you recomend on other leather surfaces?

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alot of the leather products are decent, then it goes up from there. Off the shelf at most stores, Meguiar's leather products are nice, gentle. Sonax. Getting into more specialized products, Gyeon, Carpro. Colorlock is one of the best there is. As is Leatherique. I also like Polish Angel.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Just wondering what is the most gentle cleaner for the leather? What would you recomend on other leather surfaces?
For years I've used Lexol Leather Conditioner and Cleaner. With the cleaner, I use a good quality long bristle horse hair brush. Chemical Guys offers a good quality one.

About once a month I apply the conditioner to the leather surfaces to keep their suppleness.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Painted? Pretty sure my Limited is dyed black. I'll have to check for wear. I been using Adam's leather cleaner.

mb33458

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 etorque
You can use anything you would use to clean your skin. Soap and water, lanolin, and then follow up with a good leather conditioner roduct.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
You can use anything you would use to clean your skin. Soap and water, lanolin, and then follow up with a good leather conditioner roduct.
I sometimes clean up my hands with lacquer thinner or Brakeclean. Is that good too. :) I'll stick with leather cleaning products.
But seriously though, are the 2019+ wheels like his, "painted" leather?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wondering what is the most gentle cleaner for the leather? My leather wrapped steering wheel has obviously been painted, for there are spots showing a light blue/ grey coming through. What would you recomend on other leather surfaces?
GOOSE, talk to

Treburkulosis, he has a detail business.​

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It honestly depends on how bad it is. My two that I use are Shine Supply Solution or Koch Chemie ASC. Koch Chemie works better, but the bottle doesn't last that long. Solution is a more cost effective.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I've been using Zaino's "Leather in a Bottle" for quite a few years and have always been happy with it. I can't find it locally in NJ, so I order it online. https://www.zainostore.com/product/Z-10.html

I checked that out. Impressive! I will likely get some. You saved me from wasting money trying other products! Thank you.

I know you will grimace at this, but I haven't cleaned or treated my leather interior since I bought the truck in Jan 2020. :-/ My bad, huh?

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I checked that out. Impressive! I will likely get some. You saved me from wasting money trying other products! Thank you.

I know you will grimace at this, but I haven't cleaned or treated my leather interior since I bought the truck in Jan 2020. :-/ My bad, huh?
It happens lol.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Ahhh, stuff happens! But that's a long time to go without putting a cleaner / conditioner on them! I try to do the seats in each car at least every few washes. Hope you like the Zaino's stuff as much as I do. I started using it 8 or 9 years ago after had Katzkin leather installed on my 4th gen. Love the smell of it too. It's the only thing I've used since then.

14ramdjh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
a detailer told me. 4 parts warm water, 1 part woolite, scub leather, dry with soft towels, appy leather softener

JF19Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
Pinnaql Black label 3 step. I use it about once every 3-4 months.

I'm @ 56k, with a toddler, and she still looks brand new.

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I use a damp (with water) micro fiber rag. My 2014 Corvette has always been cleaned this way and still looks like new. Use the same on My Ram and wife's infiniti. Add a slight bit of dish soap for something stubborn but I hardly ever need to do that.