How I clean my wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That_CAT_Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So this is basically the steps I use to clean my wheels. As you can see they look a little funky with all the brake dust from my recent trip to the mountains collected on the overspray from the tire shine I was told was wiped off, last time I let my brother wipe down my truck for me :chair:

Anyway, below are the items I use:
  • Chemical Guys Orange Degreaser
  • Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Cleaner
  • Chemical Guys Boars Hair Brush
  • One wally world wheel brush
  • One brush head from standard wash brush.

20190721_183357.jpg

First things first I spray the wheels off with water, then spray the degreaser directly to it and let it sit for a moment. Once I see the yellows green start to flow from the wheel down the tire I spray a liberal amount of the diablo cleaner on the wheel.

After letting that sit I take the black wheel brush and scrub between the spokes as much as I can to remove the hard to get spots. Depending on how bad the wheels are I might spray a bit more.

Next I take the brush head and brush the easier to get areas thoroughly to making sure to get the lug areas and around the valve stem a bit more then the rest.

After that I take the bores hair brush and clean around the lugs and further around the valve stem and between the wheel and tire bead.

Next, wash the wheel off with water and dry, usually after they're dry I follow up with some spray wax and V07 Hybrid Detailer, just something to shine them back up and make them look halfway decent

20190721_183857.jpg

I'm pretty sure my way is ass backwards or wrong, but hey, gotta start somewhere right lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca