How many guys have CCLB Sports?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electricme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I wish I got the Crew Cab 6'4" Bed... I have the QC and its very cramped with our new baby boy our daughter and the dog, but I can carry my quad with the gate closed so thats Kewl.

fondupot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a Sport, but my dads Laramie is a 6'4" Crew. Love the crew cab and longer bed option. Was a hard truck to find too. Being the end of the year, and being less popular where we live. Most trucks are crew cab short boxes here.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The option to have a longer bed is the only thing I would change about my truck. I installed a bed extended when I need the extra foot or so when hauling. Other than that, she's perfect.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
As much as I like the 6'4" bed it looks disproportionate to the truck on a crew cab. Too long. Just my .02

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
As much as I like the 6'4" bed it looks disproportionate to the truck on a crew cab. Too long. Just my .02

I have to laugh at this comment. When the 4th gen crew cab came out all we read about was how disproportionate the crew cab and 5' bed looked. It's all what you're used to seeing. After being in a 2500 with the normal short bed, I was already used to the CC/6' look. It looks just right to me...

And I wish they would quit calling it a long bed, because it's not. It's a true short bed. They should rename the 5' bed to a stumpy short bed or something. LOL

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
I have to laugh at this comment. When the 4th gen crew cab came out all we read about was how disproportionate the crew cab and 5' bed looked. It's all what you're used to seeing. After being in a 2500 with the normal short bed, I was already used to the CC/6' look. It looks just right to me...

And I wish they would quit calling it a long bed, because it's not. It's a true short bed. They should rename the 5' bed to a stumpy short bed or something. LOL

Hey! I like my stumpy short bed lol :naughty:

Airborne63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like my 6.4 bed. I think the others look like an SUV rear.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
When the hell did the bed sizes changed to this? I came in thinking of a crew cab with an 8' bed and thought it to be impossible. Now a 6.4 bed is a long bed? :wtf:

Guess by that knowledge, my quad cab with a 6.4 is a long bed and the 8' bed is the super long bed?

The short bed or I guess regular bed 5.5, is to short for my liking. Would feel like I couldn't fit anything back there.

My current dream truck is a 2500 Mega Cab 6.4L with a 6.4 bed and ramboxes, along with sunroof, remote start, heated and cooled seats etc.

As for parking, you always park out in the boondocks and back in or pull through with nose sticking out. Only way to park these trucks. If its bad weather, I will drop my family off in front and then go park way away from every one.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my 6ft 4 CC new off the lot. Doesn't look disproportionate to me??[emoji41]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422413759506.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422413759506.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 69

chainsaw jim91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealer never even mentioned the "long bed" as an option on the CC. They said "You can have a quad cab with a 6'4" box or a crew cab with a 5'7" box." Being a extended/quad cab kinda guy with a weatherguard toolbox and a bike, the decision was easy.

Off-topic I know, but I was just reminded of dealer ignorance there. Do salesmen that actually know about trucks exist? I'm by no means a mechanic and I always feel like I'm teaching them about the trucks they're trying to sell me.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My dealer never even mentioned the "long bed" as an option on the CC. They said "You can have a quad cab with a 6'4" box or a crew cab with a 5'7" box." Being a extended/quad cab kinda guy with a weatherguard toolbox and a bike, the decision was easy.

Off-topic I know, but I was just reminded of dealer ignorance there. Do salesmen that actually know about trucks exist? I'm by no means a mechanic and I always feel like I'm teaching them about the trucks they're trying to sell me.

No, they do not exist. I feel like I have to host a seminar to the sales staff when I buy a vehicle.

vinstang67

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport CC 6.4 bed
Engine
Here's mine:)
I wanted CC w/ 6.4 bed.
There have been a few times that I was glad with 6.4 bed though quite a bit of difference compare to my old truck (04 QC).

Attachments

• 20141011_094641.jpg
    20141011_094641.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 111

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have a crew cab 6'4'' Laramie on order. I wish I could get an 8ft bed on a quad cab at least. My last truck was an 03 2500 club cab 8ft bed. No complaints. I knew it was a truck when I bought it, not a smart car. I like closing the tailgate with full sheets of plywood on board, I just don't need a 2500. The front half being longer looks odd to me. I wonder if someone does the 8ft conversion on these like they do on the mega cab?

chainsaw jim91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, they do not exist. I feel like I have to host a seminar to the sales staff when I buy a vehicle.

That's just depressing. You'd think a salesman would want to make his commission selling badass trucks that people already know they want at $30,000-$70,000 a pop versus trying to talk folks into $20,000 dart 4 bangers all day.

MACH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2013 Laramie CC was a short box, I loved it for driving around.

A dealer about 75 miles away had a 14 sport with everything I wanted which was everything besides the rambox and air suspension.

I made them an offer online and they pissed and moaned about it for awhile. After telling them I won't buy the truck unless I get it for the price I stated and them telling me "we can't do that", they called the next day and said they would.

I had concerns that it was the CC 6'4 box because of a small price increase on the MSRP that the window sticker never said anything about 6'4 box or standard box. I told them to make sure it wasn't the 6'4 box and they assured me it wasn't. I signed the papers I get home and I go to put my Truxedo on my new 14 sport and the ***** was 8 inches short!

I should have realized it when I was driving home and turns felt like I was driving a semi, and it seemed a bit tighter in the garage that something was up. I called them and they said I could take it back and they would find me a new truck or they would take my Truxedo and get me the same one to fit the new truck. I opted to keep the truck and get the new Truxedo, and I am glad I did.

My CLAM X2 Thermal ice shack only hits the top edge of the tail gate which is ok so I can put a few things under the shack. It would have sucked to have my first RAM with the real short box.

And I saw a post that said they would like to have the 6'4 box so that an ATV would fit with the tailgate up....... IT WON'T, unless you have a very small ATV. My 07 Honda Rubicon still requires to have the tailgate down.

I am glad it worked out for me in the long run, but it is a futher mucker to turn and to park. My wife complains that I don't know how to park. Parking a grand Cherokee is a lot easier than this long truck *****!