Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
After recently upgrading my tires and dropping $1500 on them, I wanted the most bang for my buck with tire tread life. I also have a thuren front leveling coil kit (2" with overland shocks) that plays into the matrix. After some research, I wanted to share some knowledge on the same process I used to extend or prolong the life of my new tires. The chalk costed me $4 and the process only took 30 minutes of my time. Check out my Vid!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
No problem Nate. It really helps since all of my daily driving is unloaded.

Good video.Get yourself a long straight edge (a 4ft level is good) and put it up against the tire to measure how far out your tires stick.You're hand and eyeball test with the tape measure is only a close measurement,but other then that,it's a good video.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Very Interesting video Zeke. Thanks for posting . Now when our snow is off the ground I will have to try it lol

OP
OP
Motor Head

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Very Interesting video Zeke. Thanks for posting . Now when our snow is off the ground I will have to try it lol
I would hate to be where your at right now!

Clay Routh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Deisel
I was once in love with a woman that lived in Wisconsin, and wanted to marry her, but she insisted I move up there. I was like, "Oh no way, Houston may have some hot summers and humidity, but I don't do snow well". I spent the better part of one February up there just to see what it was like. It was worse than I imagined.

Bigpaul13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting video, going to try this with my new tires and see what they look like.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Used to do this with oversize tires on my Jeep but works on all sizes. Works great for assuring you have contact with the entire width of tread and proper wear pattern.

Mikethomas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After recently upgrading my tires and dropping $1500 on them, I wanted the most bang for my buck with tire tread life. I also have a thuren front leveling coil kit (2" with overland shocks) that plays into the matrix. After some research, I wanted to share some knowledge on the same process I used to extend or prolong the life of my new tires. The chalk costed me $4 and the process only took 30 minutes of my time. Check out my Vid!

Thanks. Always like to learn stuff.