How to install affordable CANBUS LED reverse bulbs - 7440 type

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heucobob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think I broke one of my map lights . I put the leds in both sides and the one side I put the lens back on and it won’t turn on . I tried the stock bulb and no luck either. Is there a pin that is stuck . Can any one help ? The other side works fine clicks on and off .

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I think I broke one of my map lights . I put the leds in both sides and the one side I put the lens back on and it won’t turn on . I tried the stock bulb and no luck either. Is there a pin that is stuck . Can any one help ? The other side works fine clicks on and off .

Did you use the grommet that plugs into the OEM socket? If you used OPs method you need to make sure the LED with the 3M is far enough away from the “hinge side” of the silver/metallic piece you’re sticking it to, otherwise you won’t be able to “click” it on/off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heucobob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The other side works fine . It looks like I broke something that turns it on and off When I was putting the lens back on

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Love this guy’s videos. They’re so well done and informative and a massive amount of information...need to make them all a sticky thread at the top of the interior/exterior lighting sections. Loving the look of all these LEDs and HIDs, never knew what I was missing!

88155ce414c92cc301524e130a599cfa.jpg46db519795e1592a6d34efb6f0bdb1e9.jpg

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just installed the LED Reverse and Cargo lights!!! Man, what a difference that makes. Thanks for sharing and keep posting!!!

Thanks for the feedback brother I appreciate it! Plenty more videos on the way. Just added the $25 bed lighting install which made a HUGE difference!

Love this guy’s videos. They’re so well done and informative and a massive amount of information...need to make them all a sticky thread at the top of the interior/exterior lighting sections. Loving the look of all these LEDs and HIDs, never knew what I was missing!

Damn that looks amazing Matt! That before/after comparison of the headlight install looks incredible!

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the older 2009 trucks is there a swap in Led bulb for the quad headlights?

I have opt7 led right now with the built in fans. They are bright but super annoying.

2009 QCSB 4WD - Not Stock [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a set of low beam Headlight Revolution V.2 headlights that are brighter than the OPT7s and don't have the fans. They have since been discontinued and the V.3 kit ($179 for bulbs) is out and it's even brighter and with a tighter beam patter (better cutoff and less diffusion) than the V.2s.

I like them a lot, and may replace them if/when I do a headlight upgrade.

I'm sure Boosted has a few other suggestions too.

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Yeah standard halogen tail lights use the 921 bulb type for reverse. I haven't tried those ones you linked but I did use a couple other 921 bulbs for the 3rd brake light and haven't had any issues. They do look similar to the ones you linked!

GDS35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just did my reverse, license plate, and cargo lights... huge difference!

Keep the videos coming!

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn sorry to hear! Yeah unfortunately there are a few different bulb types for our trucks. Check out the CANBUS ones for the rear cargo light I posted in this thread. Those are the same bulbs.

So for those without factory led we can get that bulb that works for cargo and it will work for reverse and license?

Nevermind checked the phillips link. Looks like 921's for cargo and reverse. License is 194

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So for those without factory led we can get that bulb that works for cargo and it will work for reverse and license?

Nevermind checked the phillips link. Looks like 921's for cargo and reverse. License is 194

Same bulbs that work in your 3rd brake/cargo light will work for the reverse bulbs of the standard/halogen tail lights :)

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good news - the reverse lights are awesome and easily installed! The bad news the tail light housing on the drivers side cracked on removal, actually the post that the main bundle of wires attaches to cracked - not the end of the world, everything works and I don't think it will be a water issue...however the wire bundle will more than likely works itself loose....any suggestions on getting a used tail light housing? 2017 RAM 1500 Laramie...

hornshoptom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will these fit a 2019 RAM 1500 Classic? Thanks