HVAC drain tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
I've a bit of a drain back issue into the cab on my ram, which I believe is a drain issue from the HVAC area. The drain pipe itself isn't plugged.

As I recall, the drain pipe should have a 90 degree rubber hose with a crimped end on it.

Does anyone still have this hose on their truck?

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
I had the same problem. No 90 on mine. I added a hose And heat shrink.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've a bit of a drain back issue into the cab on my ram, which I believe is a drain issue from the HVAC area. The drain pipe itself isn't plugged.

As I recall, the drain pipe should have a 90 degree rubber hose with a crimped end on it.

Does anyone still have this hose on their truck?
Not all of them rolled down the assembly line with a drain hose. My parts department kept about 100 of the 90* hoses in stock back in the early 2000's. We has complaint after complaint on BR/BE trucks with water in the passenger floors. They were either not installed or not tight enough on the HVAC drain and had come off. Either way we installed them left and right.

OP
OP
Okiespaniel

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Not all of them rolled down the assembly line with a drain hose. My parts department kept about 100 of the 90* hoses in stock back in the early 2000's. We has complaint after complaint on BR/BE trucks with water in the passenger floors. They were either not installed or not tight enough on the HVAC drain and had come off. Either way we installed them left and right.

Yessir. That hose isn't available any more.

I used an 11535 Napa molded hose and some silicone on the nipple to help retain it. My accumulator was changed for an A/C service and I'm sure the hose was either knocked off or removed.

Now I'm trying to get the noise deadening material to dry out.

Last edited: