I converted...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobEB717678

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
E59DEF24-5B11-4F4A-8CCB-D080D7752C70.jpeg I have to make a confession... I was a fan of Fords since my teens. I have owned two F150s and one Bronco. First F150 was overly modified ‘99 4.2 V6 F150 that I was young and dumb with ( a lot of off roading with it). The second F150 which was a ‘04 5.4 V8 F150 had a few changes but mainly stayed stock. The third Ford being the Bronco which sits in my garage waiting for the funds to finish the restoration mods to it. It is a ‘71 302 V8 5 speed manual. With that being said, they were great trucks, never really had issues with them, granted the later years of ownership for the ‘99 had issues but those were my own fault (back to the overly modified part). I did have a hand me down ‘83 Jeep Grand Wagoneer for a few years (my first vehicle) before an accident where it was rear ended and insurance wrote it off.

All this brings us to the present. The’04 F150, like I said, was a great truck with no issues but being a single cab truck was starting to be small for the growing family in my household. I started to search for a replacement truck (could of gone with a variety of different vehicles but I am a truck guy) and yes, I searched for newer F150s and some came up to be a good fit but the funds were not in place to pull the trigger.

Something took place that changed my views and started me down the road of looking for a Ram. I’ll keep politics to the side when talking to people but something stood out on how Ford took a stand against the Police in comments that were said last year. It wouldn’t be a big thing to many people but hit home with me. A few months before the comments were made about the police from Ford, my brother-in-law passed away. He was retired army and was a police officer in the city I live in. No, he didn’t die in the line of duty but died of cancer that came on quickly. He changed my mind of police officers as I had my run in with the police over the years (nothing too extreme, mainly speeding tickets). Now a days, I will stop and tell an officer “Thank you for your services” yes, I do not know them from my brother-in-law but they are brothers/sisters in a different family.

So, after all that went down, I changed things up and started searching for a Ram (will never buy a Chevy). I ended up finding one that seemed to be in. A good condition and fit the bill for the growing family. I pulled the trigger and purchased a Dodge Ram ‘09 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab.

Sorry for the long winded message, my GF tells me I am long winded in messages (if you ever meet me in person, you wouldn’t think so.)

durakbane

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I liked your post not because I agree with what you wrote (I am not disagreeing either...like you I'm not into talking politics).

I liked your post because you made a decision that resonated with you and you disagreed with someone (in this case a huge company) in something they did. Will it make an impact? No..of course not. But you stood by your principals.

I guess what I am saying is that right or wrong, you made a decision you felt was morally right.

Me personally, I am politically naive (on purpose), so I am sure I am making decisions that would be counter to my beliefs.

Good for you!

(I hope my response makes sense....)

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear about your BIL. [emoji20]

Thanks for sharing your decision process and welcome to the Ramily. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RobEB717678

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Durakbane,

I get what you are saying and appreciate the comments.

Noveskefan,

Thank you for compliment and welcome. I like Noveskes, they quality products...just a bit out of my price ranges.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum and congrats on your purchase.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Heya, and welcome!

I understand completely about sticking to your principles. Didn't know about the political thing, but let's just say that I agree with you on that one.

I shied away from Ford when I bought mine because of the aluminum bed thing. :)

I think you'll find that you totally made the right decision to go with RAM. I know I did.

Welcome!

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My last truck was a gorgeous Harley Davidson F-150 and I still have fond memories of owning it.

I've got no issues with GMC/Chevy either.

My decision to buy my Ram was based on bang for buck, superior ride quality because of the rear springs and that the 4th Gens are a gorgeous looking pickup truck.

Who knows what the future holds though.

As Random Walk mentioned, Ford needs to work out the kinks of the aluminum bodies and the aluminum corrosion/oxidization that they are suffering from where the aluminum parts come into contact with the steel parts.

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:welcome: to the Forum!

I've had a few different makes of trucks. I wasn't brand loyal, but always believed if your Rig treats you right that's all you can ask for. I too just got my first Ram, and so far I'm loving it. Congrats on yours and thank you for sharing your story.