I had a hard to push gas pedal issue today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnhenryculver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
2019 Ram 1500 4x4 stock motor and trans 42,000 miles and in Southern California so no cold weather issues. I do not remember turning on cruise control while driving this time, but while doing freeway speeds the gas pedal suddenly became super hard to push. I looked at the dash for warning lights and none visible but saw cruise control was on, so i turned it off, nothing changed so cycled the cruise on off a few times thinking i didn't remember turning it on but maybe the electronics somehow was fighting me on the gas pedal but nothing changed. If i took my foot off the gas pedal the truck decelerated normally, but to accelerate the gas pedal would barely move and super hard to push but would pick up speed ok. Got home safely, put the truck in neutral then in park and still hard pedal. Shut off the engine and the pedal moved freely. Re started and back to normal. Any thoughts?

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
True story.
When I was about 10 years old we had a Plymouth Fury wagon. This is when the gas pedal was mounted to the floor, not hanging from the from dash or firewall like now.
Anyways, my mom is driving and complaining the gas pedal will barely move. She pulls into the gas station and asks the guy if he has any ideas why it won't move.

Guy looks around at the pedal and pulls a golf ball from behind the pedal. It seems a certain little kid (me) was playing with the golf ball and when it rolled behind the gas pedal I left it there and forgot about it.