I hate the Ram manual and Inane setup option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyingron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
OK, I get up this morning to go drive the car. It's a rare 28 degree day here in NC. The car gripes that the right side tires are low in pressure. Oddly this is one of these oddball ones where the left side tires are also at 30 psi but they are fine. No problem, says I. I drive the truck over close enough to my air compressor for the hose to reach. I'll use the snazzy "blow the horn when you've put in enough air" feature the dealer showed me. It's grayed out.

Now, I get out the manuals to see why. Have I ever told you how much the RAM manuals suck? I've seen better English in Nissans and Toyotas. The entries are cyclical and inane and lack useful information. I may have misunderstood it but I think it says the feature is disabled if you get a low pressure alert. What? That's the one time you'd really like to use it. Anyhow, put air in the tires by going back and checking the dash display periodically.
Still the tire pressure feature in the UConnect Apps is grayed out. NOTHING happens when you poke at it while in park. If you poke it while you're in Drive it warns you that you can't use it while in motion. (Yeah putting the air hose on the spinning is going to be difficult anyway).

Later on it'ss still grayed out. I KNOW it did work before as the salesman demoed it to me on THIS truck before I left the lot. Hmm... poke around the other setup menus. Under DRIVER ASSIST there's a feature that disables this. WHY? I mean, if you don't want to use it, don't poke the button. Not sure why it needs a secondary disable and I'm not sure how it got turned off.

Did I tell you how much I hate the RAM manuals.

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I second that. 200 pages an only 30 pertain to your truck. Then as you said lacking detailed information at that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
Agreed that the supplied factory owner's manual is insufficient for someone who wants real information. There is a solution---go online and search for (your year here) Ram Manual. I found one for free for mine and downloaded it, 700 pages with good info---you still have to dig a little but it beats the comic book that comes with the truck. Try this one below:

https://carmanuals2.com/ram/1500-2020-owner-s-manual-114353

OP
OP
F

flyingron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Agreed that the supplied factory owner's manual is insufficient for someone who wants real information. There is a solution---go online and search for (your year here) Ram Manual. I found one for free for mine and downloaded it, 700 pages with good info---you still have to dig a little but it beats the comic book that comes with the truck. Try this one below:

https://carmanuals2.com/ram/1500-2020-owner-s-manual-114353
You can get it right off the main Mopar page too. I guess I should put it in the books app on my phone.