Idle Noise...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay guys.... I have an issue. I noticed that when I was parked and the truck was in idle, it started making this noise. It doesn't make this noise while driving, but when parked. Any suggestions on where to start? This is a 2018 1500 Ram - Hemi V8 5.7 I've tried to upload the sound to YouTube. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
frankcastle865
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a belt tensioner or idler wheel bearing going bad.
Thank you. I’ll look those up. This morning it didn’t do it, so not sure if the problem is just starting or not. Guess it’s off to YouTube, lol.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Okay guys.... I have an issue. I noticed that when I was parked and the truck was in idle, it started making this noise. It doesn't make this noise while driving, but when parked. Any suggestions on where to start? This is a 2018 1500 Ram - Hemi V8 5.7 I've tried to upload the sound to YouTube. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @frankcastle865 - Should you ever need to work with your dealer to address this or anything else, we are always a PM away to provide further support.

Mark
RamCares