Installed everything, sub has no sound. Please come inside to help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSUNole17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, I have installed everything (to recap, I am adding a sub to the factory Infinity sound system in my 08 QC truck). The way I did this is to take a PAC SN35 LOC and I tapped into the LF + and - leads directly behind the HU (dark green/yellow and dark green/orange I believe). I ran this into a Y Adapter so that both R and L get a signal to the amp. Since this was just for a sub, I didn't want to cut any more wires than I had to and figured I could still get the same signal from running a Y Adapter off of one speaker. So anyway, the LF speaker leads are tapped into behind the HU into the PAC LOC and the RCAs are run to the amp. The amp is getting power, I ran 8AWG wire correctly, grounded to the chassis and cleaned a nice bare spot of metal, and ran the remote turn on lead from the cigarette lighter. The amp turn-on light lights up, so I know the amp is getting power and properly turning on. So I get everything hooked up and try to listen to the sub and nothing. The gain adjustments on the LOC are set to probably 85% full (I did this because I was going to handle adjusting the gain at the amp level and didn't want to have 2 different gains to deal with). I don't even think my sub is getting any signal because I cranked the bass all the way up and I don't even feel it moving. So basically, doing some trouble shooting, the following are where I think I may be going wrong.

1) The amp is not getting a signal from the LOC for some reason (I bought it new on Amazon, so I don't think the LOC is bad). I think I have a good tap into the speaker leads, what I did was just strip away some wire cover and wrapped the LOC speaker leads around it and put electrical tape around it. This makes me wonder, do I HAVE to utilize both the R and L inputs of the LOC for it to work? Maybe the Y adapter is my problem, the instructions didn't say I had to utilize both, so I thought I would be ok with a Y.

2) Bad amp/bad sub - I bought the sub off of the internet as well as the amp, so I assume they are brand new (bought from reputable vendors, albeit not authorized licensed dealers) and I doubt they are the issue.

Long story short guys is I really don't know where to go from here because I was REALLY careful and did everything by the book I felt. This isn't my first time installing equipment and I thought this would be a breeze but am at a loss right now. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Also, my factory HU is the 6-disc changer w/o the MP3 input in the front. Prior to removing it, 3 of the 6 discs would not eject, it gave me an "ERROR" message, so my CD's were stuck in there. Well when I went to plug everything back up and test it, it started sounding like it was changing discs randomly without me asking it to. It does it with the car off too, keys out, etc. It will randomly just start to try to change CDs. Also, I don't even have the ability to play CDs now, I hit "Mode" to try and switch to CD mode, and it won't even switch from XM, it just stays on XM. Is my HU fvcked? I really hope not, those are not cheap........ I had the battery connected in the engine when I plugged everything back in (HU and amp). Don't think that would affect anything but just throwing out any details that may help.

Last edited:

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
not much help but my wagon had a issue with the indash6.. it would work one day not the next... i called dodge an they were no help so i just got a new indash 6 from a dealer gave them old an got a new for like 300 bucks i think ..i was going to do after market but like the clean look in side of the car ..my truck on the other hand has a fold out tv lol

Last edited:

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Wow I have no clue lol hopefully you can et it workin

[ tapatalkin ]

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Check that you have power coming through remote wire.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk