Installed new radio gauges will not work infinity system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leebo84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I installed a new alpine head unit in my 2001 dodge ram 2500 it has the factory infinity system in it and nothing would work on my new radio but the am and fm that is the only thing that would produce sound the cd player would play but no sound and the ipod would play but no sound as well as the satellite radio and the blue tooth. but when I spliced my blue amp remote wire with the white and green wire that was hooked to the factory radio everything worked fine but then my gauges quit working and the mileage went to flashing and then said no bus which meant that my dash was not communicating with my computer and then the top console said CCD and the red alarm light stayed on . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Pull the radio out again. You wired the solid blue power antenna wire to the amp turn on wire. It onlt gets power in am/fm, not in cd or ipod mode. Take the blue/white wire on the new radio plug and connect it to the solid plue wire on the adaptor plug you bought for the truck. As for the gauges, check the fuses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank