Installed the Kicker SRAMCQ09...question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Echo42987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Yes but the SubStage is an $700 system and the PowerStage is $1250 and should have the ability to change x-over points for that kind of money, not to mention .50 cents worth of polyfill..lol

Keep me posted, I am still not sure which route to take.

I agree, you could probably have a local shop building something and have it installed for around $1000. A lot more bang for the buck that route.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I agree, you could probably have a local shop building something and have it installed for around $1000. A lot more bang for the buck that route.

You'd need a LOC, DSP, amplifier, power wire and RCA, sub box, sub amp, and install.

While the kit may not be for everyone, it's not just adding a small amp front and rear. Each 4.1 is custom set for each vehicle. All our demo vehicles have a stock, and A/B switch to where you can hear the difference. And it's huge. The biggest stage improvement I have heard to date is the '14 Silverados, just do to speaker locations.

Echo42987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
You'd need a LOC, DSP, amplifier, power wire and RCA, sub box, sub amp, and install.

While the kit may not be for everyone, it's not just adding a small amp front and rear. Each 4.1 is custom set for each vehicle. All our demo vehicles have a stock, and A/B switch to where you can hear the difference. And it's huge. The biggest stage improvement I have heard to date is the '14 Silverados, just do to speaker locations.

What size woofer is in the Kicker substage and what kind of amplifier do they have with it?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
OEM Mono 200w and 10" square with 1 ohm coils. The amp and substage can be plug and play in 20 minutes.

ramforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
OEM Mono 200w and 10" square with 1 ohm coils. The amp and substage can be plug and play in 20 minutes.
And what about under the drivers seat for 2015 2500 with heated & cooled seats - has this been fixed yet so it will mount?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
And what about under the drivers seat for 2015 2500 with heated & cooled seats - has this been fixed yet so it will mount?

The 4.1 for anything newer than '13 hasnt been put into production yet.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 4.1 for anything newer than '13 hasnt been put into production yet.

You need my 2014 Crew Cab to use as a mock up? :) It has the upgrade Alpine system. I can bring it over and let you guys install some stuff. :)

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
You need my 2014 Crew Cab to use as a mock up? :) It has the upgrade Alpine system. I can bring it over and let you guys install some stuff. :)

Id let them use my RC too for RC guys LOL

Hookemram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I finally got around to installing the 120hz Nippon cross over. To my ear the bass sounded a little flat. Took it out. The sub is sounding better after about a month of use. Much thanks to InspectGWS for all the assistance. I think I will rip out the cheap imitation kicker solo baric that comes with the kicker upgrade and go with the real deal. 10 inch 4ohm 600rms and amp it up. I am hoping to at least reuse the box.. Otherwise it's a total loss. I paid 414.00 for a 69.00sub. What a shame. Btw, Goose it's not a 1ohm sub. It's a duel 2ohm sub...rated at 400rms with a 200w juice box. NOT WORTH IT.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
So I finally got around to installing the 120hz Nippon cross over. To my ear the bass sounded a little flat. Took it out. The sub is sounding better after about a month of use. Much thanks to InspectGWS for all the assistance. I think I will rip out the cheap imitation kicker solo baric that comes with the kicker upgrade and go with the real deal. 10 inch 4ohm 600rms and amp it up. I am hoping to at least reuse the box.. Otherwise it's a total loss. I paid 414.00 for a 69.00sub. What a shame. Btw, Goose it's not a 1ohm sub. It's a duel 2ohm sub...rated at 400rms with a 200w juice box. NOT WORTH IT.

Well your one of the few that didnt like it, it's not for everyone, course white trucks arent for everyone neither.

Best of luck.

Mitchcoog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Blacked
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought this upgrade from hificonnection. 414 shipped. Easiest install ever. Upgraded all the base speakers to the kickers. Perfect fit on everything.
It's more than enough sound and just enough bass. Had to dial back the bass on the head unit. And everything still looks stock.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Mitch, what was your setup before the install? Were you replacing the stock sub and do you have the 8.4RA unit? Enquiring minds...

I just want to replace the stock muddy sub with just a little more "umph" but I want it to sound clean.

Mitchcoog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Blacked
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Long story short. I had the base uconnect 5.0. Swapped it for the vp4 an. That by itself made it sound better. I then swapped out the 6 speakers and went the kicker route from crutchfield. Sounded even better but was missing some bass. Caved and bought the sramcq09 sub upgrade. Really a simple upgrade and filled the missing bass issue. All in all it was under (speakers) $650. Actually less I sold the uconnect head unit for 250 on eBay. The best sound I get is ironically on hd fm stations.

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I ordered the Kicker SRAMCQ09 a couple days ago excited to get it and install it soon! I've got the stock system with the 8" LCD, which actually doesn't sound too bad to me, so I'm hoping adding this subwoofer will give me the bump I need to round out the sound! I have two 12" MTX Audio subs from a previous truck but they're in a sealed box, and I didn't think they would fit under there with a custom box, maybe too deep? Either way this looks to be nice and clean setup and hope the sub will at least hit decent. Will let yall know when I put it in and how it sounds!

nyciti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My problem with it, is that the stock units don't allow you to send the bass to just the sub. so you still get heavy bass to all the speakers which is big problem for me. It taps into the rear speaker with two t-taps. Not a fan of bass rattle in my door panels...

Mitchcoog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Blacked
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah you have to adjust your settings bass -2 seems to about right on mine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca