interior swap from the slt to Laramie Longhorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blake Long

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m looking into swapping my interior to the Laramie longhorn seats, dash, steering wheel and everything else do i need much mechanical know how or is it pretty simple and straightforward

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m looking into swapping my interior to the Laramie longhorn seats, dash, steering wheel and everything else do i need much mechanical know how or is it pretty simple and straightforward
A lot of it would have to do or depend upon what wiring your truck already has. If your truck already has the heated seat and wheel wiring it would be a pretty simple install and you would just have to enable codes and basically plug everything in. If your truck does not have the correct wiring you would have to add the wiring and install all the pieces and then turn on the codes with the alpha tool. There are several post about adding all these options in the 4th Gen. DIY section plus the alpha OBD thread. The 1st thing I would recommend doing is verifying that your truck has the correct wiring and go from there I have enclosed a picture of what the to plugs for your driver seat plugs should look like If you have the two pink wires with yellow stripes going into the yellow seat plug you have the correct wiring for the heated seat and wheel and your install will be much simpler.cec3b9c38938169de90c762dca985722.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Might be cheaper/easier to sell what you have and buy a Laramie...

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really think if you have to ask a question like that I'm not sure you have the mechanical skills to do the job let alone the tools to do it.