Intermittent issue and warranty almost done!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sled Freak

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s a common issue, FCA came out with a flash to fix it, which it didn’t.

Last I heard from our support guys was that FCA are not working on any fix as of this time.

You may get lucky with a new cluster fixing it but I wouldn’t hold my breath. We’ve replaced clusters in the past for this issue and it hasn’t fixed it.
I can live with it as long as its not going to crap out on me down the road. Have you seen any fail completely?
I dont expect the dealership to find anything but at least there is documentation incase it does.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I can live with it as long as its not going to crap out on me down the road. Have you seen any fail completely?
I dont expect the dealership to find anything but at least there is documentation incase it does.

I’ve never seen one completely fail. It’s just due to the dimmer being set low and likely causes an issue with the backlighting. So just having it a bit higher shouldn’t cause it. I doubt they will come up with a fix unfortunately.

OP
OP
Sled Freak

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve never seen one completely fail. It’s just due to the dimmer being set low and likely causes an issue with the backlighting. So just having it a bit higher shouldn’t cause it. I doubt they will come up with a fix unfortunately.
Appreciate the info. Thanks

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get it documented. I documented a minor water intrusion while under warranty. The dealer dragged their feet and blew it off. Fast forward 5k+ miles out of 3/36 warranty and rainy season hits, sure enough, more water intrusion. They took care of it under warranty (3rd brake light).
I'm waiting for my 3rd brake light to leak. What great is yours?

OP
OP
Sled Freak

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took it in today and they dealership did a software update on it (as tach-tech mentioned). So we'll see if this is the fix or not. Stay tuned lol

13RamOutdoorsman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a similar issue on my 13, but it's the LCD not the gauges that flash. I've noticed that the dimmer has no affect on it. It only seems to happen if the light switch is set to auto or off. If I actually turn the headlights on it stops. Quite annoying, but doesn't seem to cause any issues otherwise.