iPhone and receiving texts??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canadianhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 with 8.4 display. I previously had a blackberry and when sync'd with the truck I could receive texts on the 8.4. Work has now upgraded me to a iPhone 5c. It will sync and do calling over bluetooth, but it does not show my texts on the display. Has anyone had this issue? I tried switching iMessage off wondering if those aren't true texts, it didn't help. Dealership tells me that I have the latest software, truck was in for a RF module recall a month ago and he says it was upgraded then. He said it should work, so I am wondering if I am missing something. I'm up in Canada so we don't have the fancy uconnect app deal. Its more or less law up here now if you touch your phone while driving you can get ticketed. So being able to receive texts would be nice (don't care about the sending texts from the truck), I spend a fair bit of time driving and can't tell if customers are trying to get in contact with me through text.

radak04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On your phone go into settings and then bluetooth. Find the uConnect device and hit the "i" on the right to see the settings. Turn on "show notifications".

I have a similar setup to you and I see text messages on my display and it reads them out to me.

I'm in Canada too ;)

luigi1285

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
doesnt work with my 5 in screen and iPhone 5s wish it did i drive a lot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
so it will work with the 5s on the 8.4 if i turn on notifications?

radak04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya it should. It doesn't matter what iPhone you have. It's the version of iOS that matters and it works with all versions of iOS I've seen.

luigi1285

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
maybe ill delete and reconnect i have notifications turned on and still a no go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

radak04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What version of iOS you running on your phone?

I have the 8.4 AN radio. That's obviously a different model. Maybe it's not compatible.
Anyone else have experience with this radio?
I wish I had one to try.

radak04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Google tells me that reading text messages isn't supported on 4.3 just the 8.4.
Bummer.

OP has the 8.4 so he should be able to get it working.

OP
OP
C

canadianhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On your phone go into settings and then bluetooth. Find the uConnect device and hit the "i" on the right to see the settings. Turn on "show notifications".

I have a similar setup to you and I see text messages on my display and it reads them out to me.

I'm in Canada too ;)

Thanks! Worked for me, just had to turn on that option in the bluetooth. Didn't even know I had options I could change in the bluetooth menu.

luigi1285

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It's the 5.0 I believe it supposed to but I could be completely wrong lol I'll look it up when I get home

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca