Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Bud..decided on the Vararam and won't bother going any further with my ideas except as suggested the tune with PCM swap. I know my place and limitations and will say enough is enough..

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No it won't,the 6.4 intake points off to the passenger side fender Dave,so a 5.7's Vararam won't fit.If you're considering the 6.4 intake manifold swap,don't waste your money on any of the aftermarket 5.7 cold air intakes.
Maybe, but anything can be modified to work. Trust me.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Maybe, but anything can be modified to work. Trust me.
Why would you buy something that doesn't fit on a 6.4 intake swap,if there's other cold air intakes that will fit.Buying an intake like a Vararam for a 5.7 intake manifold,then doing the 6.4 intake swap shortly afterwards isn't really a great way to do things in my opinion,so you'll have to explain to me how that makes sense Tray. BTW i'd like to see how you'd mod a Vararam to fit a 6.4 intake manifold with-out a couple of sharp 90 degree bends. Maybe you should hunt up a pic of a 6.4 intake manifold and look at it before you comment about anything can be modified to fit,especially a Vararam

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That looks doable with a couple of 90 degree bends you're off to the races.
I was commenting on if he wanted to keep the Vararam and make it work, looks like he could?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That looks doable with a couple of 90 degree bends you're off to the races.
I was commenting on if he wanted to keep the Vararam and make it work, looks like he could?
You apparently don't realize how airflow works.A couple 90 degree bends would totally negate any benefit you might get from the Vararam.Air / water and electricity flow do not like to bend around corners,without negatively affecting the flow rate of each

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually, it looks like he'd only need one 90 degree to pull it off? I'm sure you lose some via restriction.
Mines has a 90 degree for the same reason and I can't tell if there's any restrictions, probably are, but you'd have to do a before and after dyno to see.
The Vararam is night and day difference than the K&N it came with for sure.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey, not say'n it could be done, but it could be done. :rotflmao:
Not with one 90 you're not,and even with two 90's,it's going to take some artful tube construction to tie it all together Tray. Compare a late model 5.7's intake to a late model 6.4's intake,and you'll see what we're trying to tell you.Your old style intake doesn't resemble either intake,and i think that's buggeringg you up,as you're assuming your intake is the same as the newer active intake,and they aren't even close in comparision.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not with one 90 you're not,and even with two 90's,it's going to take some artful tube construction to tie it all together Tray. Compare a late model 5.7's intake to a late model 6.4's intake,and you'll see what we're trying to tell you.Your old style intake doesn't resemble either intake,and i think that's buggeringg you up,as you're assuming your intake is the same as the newer active intake,and they aren't even close in comparision.
Vararam needs to get on the ball then, but they had left me out too. lol
What about 3-D printing an intake tube? Just for arguments sake, you think that could work?
I went out there and looked up a 6.4 on the 5.7, so I'm not picturing the whole intake obviously to see how it may or may not work.
lol, I just like to make things work that aren't supposed to is all.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Oh yeah, I see now from those angles.
C'Mon Vararam, get on the ball! lol
I doubt there's enough of a market for Vararam to consider fabbing up a totally new cold air kit for the 6.4 intake,even if you combine the HD trucks with a 6.4 into the mix.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca