Is this steering wheel heated all the way around?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mojo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
New poster here. I've been a GM guy for 50 years, but looking to try a Dodge for a change. I'm looking at this 2017 1500 Laramie Longhorn to purchase, and the steering wheel is heated. Is that upper portion (the light-colored fake wood) heated?? Or is it just the portion below that that's heated??

If it's not heated up top (where I keep my hands, doh), is it a hard job to simply get an all-black heated wheel and swap that in?

Many thanks.

Ram-strg-wheel.jpg

OP
OP
Mojo88

Mojo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
I have a 2015 and a 2022 Longhorn and the steering wheel warms around its entire circumference.
Thanks . .... Are your steering wheels similar to the one in the pic, with the plastic faux wood portion at the top?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I have the Laramie Longhorn and the steering wheel is heated 360 degrees around the wheel. Mine is real wood and not fake.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They're heated all the way around them. That wood section will get hot fairly quick.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Thanks . .... Are your steering wheels similar to the one in the pic, with the plastic faux wood portion at the top?
Yes, both have wood (real wood as advertised by RAM) around the upper portion of the wheel, and leather wraps the bottom portion of the wheel. All the surfaces in a Longhorn that look like wood are made of real wood.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mojo88

Mojo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Yes, both have wood (real wood as advertised by RAM) around the upper portion of the wheel, and leather wraps the bottom portion of the wheel. All the surfaces in a Longhorn that look like wood are made of real wood.
Ahh, thanks for that info. I'm shocked (pleasantly) about the real wood.