Issue with service at dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2014greatwhite

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@2014greatwhite Did you initial bring the truck in for busted bolts holding on the manifolds? Recently found my 2012 1500 Hemi 5.7 pinging when i started it. Sounded like a problem with rockers. But after a friend told me about it and youtube. So far I have found one busted into the engine. Time to drill/extract or weld on the bolt end. Thanks.

I did. That’s what they fixed. My passenger side had 3 broken studs at only 42000 miles. I was still under warranty for powertrain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Making me think I need to think I need to look now at my 12....it is almost 6 rs old,. but less than 24k on it.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Not to kiss their ass too much, but next time you go in for anything, bring in a box of donuts and coffee for the service manager and his crew. It couldn't hurt.

Definitely recommend this. I’d be surprised if they actually damaged the boots, and likely they know they didn’t but decided to fix it for you to keep you as a customer. I’ve done tons of those manifolds and you’d really have to be a monkey to mess up the ball joint boot.

As a tech I’ve been on the other side of your issue many times, get accused of damaging something when in reality the work I did was nowhere near what they’re talking about. Few months ago a customer blamed me for their radiator leaking after I replaced a downstream O2 sensor. I’ve noticed people get worried bringing their vehicles into the shop and can become hyper aware of anything and will notice things they never noticed before. Happens a lot.

Looks like your dealer is a good one.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've never met anyone that got pissed off when you say "Thank You" or show your appreciation for someone going above and beyond.
Jay

OP
OP
2014greatwhite

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well it has been one month since I went to the dealer and they said they would fix my issues. Well I called today because I have not heard from them. The service manager said oh yeah let me pull my paper work out and follow up with this and I call you back when I have more information. I’m trying to be patient but I’m starting to feel like hey just told me what I wanted to hear and have no intention on actually fixing it but having said that I will give him time to get back to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk