Issue with static on the radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brett523

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently purchased a 2010 Dodge Ram after trading in my 2005 Dakota. Everything has been going great so far and I have been making steady upgrades. However I am now experiencing this strange issue were when the truck is running, almost all of my radio stations have some static but as soon as the truck is turned off they come in crystal clear. The only additions I have made since this issue arrived is an HID headlight kit and some neon light bars on the interior. Any help at all would be much appreciated.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RF. I wonder if the HID kit could possibly be causing some interference.

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
I'm thinking HIDs is the issue. Do you have a harness with them?

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Maybe try the radio with it running and without your lights on and see if it changes? And welcome to RF

Last edited:

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Welcome to the site

OP
OP
brett523

brett523

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys thanks so much for the response and warm welcome to the forum. Trupiano what did you do to fix the issue with your ****** HIDs cause I guess mine are qualified as that too haha?

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I tried everything on mine, wrapping them in aluminum, 5 different mounting locations, resistors, sound deadoner, grounding them differently. Nothing ever worked, they have to be replaced. Shoot a PM over to JJ 0212353 or post a thread on his Retro Shop page, http://www.ramforum.com/f96/ and he'll let you know what's wrong and hook you up with a high quality set of HID's and ballasts that wont do that for a great price. He can even paint you headlights, install projectors, Halo rings, whatever your into. He did mine and a ton of other members on here, and they're absolutely incredible looking and preforming. He really does amazing work. Let me know if you need anymore help bro!

EDIT: Here's the thread when he did mine. Pretty awesome-sauce! http://www.ramforum.com/f96/red-rocket-retros-4541/index2.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
brett523

brett523

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man I really appreciate the quick responses and I was actually looking at his stuff the other day but all the extra info was helpful.

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the same problem more noticeable while listening to am. If I apply the brakes the static goes away. I think it has to do with the brake shoes dragging.