Issues after transmission solenoid replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drl257

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

I recently got the P0750 code and truck got stuck in 4th gear. Narrowed it down to the transmission solenoid and got that changed out. I added four quarts of atf+4 and it looked like it was showing on the dip stick so I started it up and ran it through the gears. I backed it out of the garage and then put it in gear and it stuck in 4th gear again, then the check engine light came on again for low transmission fluid pressure. Sure enough the fluid was low, but now I’m 8 quarts in and it’s just showing on the second hole of the cold end of the dip stick when the truck is warmed up. I tried running it today and the truck dies when I try to put it in gear. Can the low fluid cause this? I have to buy more fluid and try to get it up to level, but it seems odd that I’m going to be putting nearly 10 quarts in. I did have the pan dropped for a week or so, so it had a lot of time to sit and drain.

2012 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

bigdodge

Reaction score
If you pulled the valve body and let it drain for a week you might need 12 quarts. I did the same to mine but only let it dry drip for a couple hours and added about 9 to 10.

OP
OP
D

drl257

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you pulled the valve body and let it drain for a week you might need 12 quarts. I did the same to mine but only let it dry drip for a couple hours and added about 9 to 10.
Okay that’s good to know. I just checked the level cold and it seems like it’s around the first cold dot. What temp should the trans be to be considered hot? Mine seems to barely hit 100F, so maybe it’s not getting hot enough to hit the hot level on the dip stick. I’ve noticed it always seems to run cold, enough to where I’m wondering if there’s an issue with the temp sensor.

OP
OP
D

drl257

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I’m up to 10 quarts of fluid added now and here’s where I’m at. Tranny is reading 100F after running for about an hour. On a positive note it does seem to be running better now that the fluid level Isn’t quite as low.

Attachments

• 2DAF88E5-D916-4D08-9B70-1FFAF7F06BC0.jpeg
    2DAF88E5-D916-4D08-9B70-1FFAF7F06BC0.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 3