Jack's Full Dynamat Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
How many times have you taken your seats out? Lol

I'd love to hear the difference.

If ripping seats out were a pit crew position, I'd be that guy. Got seat extraction muscle memory now! Thank God I don't have center console. 14 bolts is enough.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Central Texas huh....what part? How far from Dallas? I am watching through your videos now, looks like some quality work.

3 hours south -- Round Rock, just off the 35 :happy107:

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I was wondering if I could fit W6's in here. What box are you using? I have been looking at the fox box dual 10's and 12's. I actually emailed them earlier today to see if either would hold the W6 with sufficient air space. Do you know? You obviously know on the 10's, but how about the 12's?. If I am unable to use them I was considering the PowerBass 2XL 12's, I used to have the 3XL 15's in a suburban and it was very loud. Way more than I am looking for now.

That must have been incredible sounding!

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
3 hours south -- Round Rock, just off the 35 :happy107:

Yea I saw where it showed your location after I sent that. Ha. I'm new here, so sorry for the dumb question. I don't want to get too deep here in your post, but would you mind shooting me an email? I absolutely love your install, and honestly feel it's better than a Car Toys, etc would do. Exactly how any owner would do it if they had the skill set and confidence in not breaking anything. Ha. Have a couple questions for ya.

[email protected]

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Email sent.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was wondering if I could fit W6's in here. What box are you using? I have been looking at the fox box dual 10's and 12's. I actually emailed them earlier today to see if either would hold the W6 with sufficient air space. Do you know? You obviously know on the 10's, but how about the 12's?. If I am unable to use them I was considering the PowerBass 2XL 12's, I used to have the 3XL 15's in a suburban and it was very loud. Way more than I am looking for now.

I'm using the 10" ported fox box. More than enough airspace. I think it's 1.35 per chamber and the 10's require .75 ish I think. If I had to do it over, I'd go 12's and a different box. I didn't go 12's because the page didn't say that the 12w6's would fit, so I assumed they wouldn't. Later, I found a box would have worked. The box itself is nice, even though I have to fidget w/ the box place to gety seats back down, but they don't go up often, so no biggie.

Last edited:

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm using the 10" ported fox box. More than enough airspace. I think it's 1.35 per chamber and the 10's require .75 ish I think. If I had to do it over, I'd go 12's and a different box. I didn't go 12's because the page didn't say that the 12w6's would fit, so I assumed they wouldn't. Later, I found a box would have worked. The box itself is nice, even though I have to fidget w/ the box place to gety seats back down, but they don't go up often, so no biggie.

What box did you find? And is the seat folding the only reason you would go with a different box?

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What box did you find? And is the seat folding the only reason you would go with a different box?

Someone on the forum provided a link to a net audio box.
https://www.netaudiowf.com/product/2009-2017-dodge-ram-crew-cab-sub-box-dual-tall/

The seat folding is not a big deal, I can throw in some washers and be ok. It's a solid box well crafted and looks great. Not keen that the sub compartment had to be screwed in and caulked myself... Definitely a weak point. Also, they only offer ported for the 10's and I prefer sealed enclosures. Plus, I woulda seen if I coulda crammed some w7's in the netaudio box lol.

Last edited:

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Holy cow, you are a diy man. Great video. As much as i don't want to do any of this, I know I will be later in the year. Why out 3k in speakers and gear and not do this.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for this thread. I'm in the middle of sound deadening my door panels (back of interior panels) and i'm hoping that might be enough to reduce the rattle from my new Kicker CS speakers I put in. I know that putting material on the outta door metal would be a huge help..but not sure i really want to take off that big plastic plate. I"ll experiement with it and if necessary then of course i'll continue with the job. Thanks for the info and videos. i subscribed to your youtube channel so i can go back and see them again when i need to. great work!

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Thanks for this thread. I'm in the middle of sound deadening my door panels (back of interior panels) and i'm hoping that might be enough to reduce the rattle from my new Kicker CS speakers I put in. I know that putting material on the outta door metal would be a huge help..but not sure i really want to take off that big plastic plate. I"ll experiement with it and if necessary then of course i'll continue with the job. Thanks for the info and videos. i subscribed to your youtube channel so i can go back and see them again when i need to. great work!
Glad to help. It will make a HUGE difference. Taking it off looks daunting but it really is "straightforward" as I mentioned 200 times in the video, lol.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Figured I'd add some shots of my project as it continuesIMG_20180323_184629.jpgIMG_20180323_202837.jpgIMG_20180323_144434_hdr.jpgIMG_20180323_171817_hdr.jpgIMG_0417_3.jpg

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Sweet. I couldn't tell from the pics, but it looks like the louvered vents are covered. If that is the case, give some thought to at least poking holes in these. These things vent the truck and will create a major vacuum when closing doors (hurting eardrums) if not free-flowing.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
How is your stealthbox holding up? I'm debating buying same box or buying that sub and putting it in a single atrend fiberglass box. Curious if it's worth the extra money for the jl box

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
How is your stealthbox holding up? I'm debating buying same box or buying that sub and putting it in a single atrend fiberglass box. Curious if it's worth the extra money for the jl box
Like a boss! It fits like a glove and the sound is amazing.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Ugh I want to but this box with same sub is about $170 cheaper... decisions decisions lol
6bf3a2c0-9b42-4989-bef3-91e8bdf9e2eb.jpg