Jack's Full Dynamat Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
ahh dude, you HAVE to do a video.......lol......how else will we know if it's pretty straightforward or not!:happy107:

In all seriousness man, thanks for all the pics and vid......very helpful......as soon as this semester is over I'm doing mine. Probably gonna do the doors first, then headliner, then work my way down to the deck.

My pleasure. I have done a boatload of research and there just is not a lot of detail involved, hence the video(s).

I did floor first because the doors freaked me out, then I just went for those because the soundproofing was getting better and better. Believe me, it is addicting. The roof I am doing last because I will take seats out and need to pull the pillars anyway. And once the roof is back up, pillars reinstalled, I should never have to pull them off again. :favorites13:

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Update: got the headliner down and prepping the roof for Dynamat and Dynaliner. I am doing a Youtube video and will post later tonight after i reassemble. Unbelievably flimsy roof! Like a tin can up there.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: got the headliner down and prepping the roof for Dynamat and Dynaliner. I am doing a Youtube video and will post later tonight after i reassemble. Unbelievably flimsy roof! Like a tin can up there.

Put a sunroof in while you're at it!:naughty:

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Put a sunroof in while you're at it!:naughty:

Thought about it! Also checked for roof dings to fix, sadly the only one is unreachable.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Dynamat on the roof -- done.

Attachments

• IMG_4989.jpg
    IMG_4989.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 275
OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
so will the headliner come out?

It will, through front passenger side but I have a JL stealthbox in the back that is preventing final maneuvers. I didn't need to take it completely out fortunately. Here is the Dynaliner -- done. Beer:30 then I reassemble the cab.

Attachments

• IMG_4991.jpg
    IMG_4991.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 182

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That has got to sound amazing

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It will, through front passenger side but I have a JL stealthbox in the back that is preventing final maneuvers. I didn't need to take it completely out fortunately. Here is the Dynaliner -- done. Beer:30 then I reassemble the cab.

She's a beaut!!! now video!!:favorites13:

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
So, how much of a ***** was it dropping the headliner?

Dropping was not 1/2 as bad as putting it back up. But that **** is done!! :favorites13:

Working on the video now.

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same thing done to one of my previous Rams and it made a huge difference. My current install only has the doors and rear wall deadened. At some point in the future I will have the floor and roof done as well.

How much of a difference did that make? I am on a budget due to having to buy everything from scratch aside from a new head unit. I say budget, but I haven't actually set a dollar amount to it. Just having to buy everything for a little as I can find it. I was planning on doing just the doors and behind the rear seat as well, and was wondering if I was wasting my money from only doing it partially. Was there a substantial difference in the before and after sound quality of this partial? I have only had 2 audio systems in the past, neither of which had sound deadening material installed.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
How much of a difference did that make? I am on a budget due to having to buy everything from scratch aside from a new head unit. I say budget, but I haven't actually set a dollar amount to it. Just having to buy everything for a little as I can find it. I was planning on doing just the doors and behind the rear seat as well, and was wondering if I was wasting my money from only doing it partially. Was there a substantial difference in the before and after sound quality of this partial? I have only had 2 audio systems in the past, neither of which had sound deadening material installed.

I tested sound quality at each step of the way: back wall, floor, doors and finally roof. The back wall and doors were the most noticeable. Everything else was gravy. Now all I hear is window whistle except when I jump on the gas.

Doing the hood liner next weekend. I say do your doors for sure.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How many times have you taken your seats out? Lol

I'd love to hear the difference.

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is the video. Hope it helps you guys out. My cab in QUIET. All that effort was worth it. :favorites13:

Central Texas huh....what part? How far from Dallas? I am watching through your videos now, looks like some quality work.

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet. Keep us posted. My box comes tomorrow for my two JL 10w6's and I thought about doing this as well. Any tips/tricks for the install?

I was wondering if I could fit W6's in here. What box are you using? I have been looking at the fox box dual 10's and 12's. I actually emailed them earlier today to see if either would hold the W6 with sufficient air space. Do you know? You obviously know on the 10's, but how about the 12's?. If I am unable to use them I was considering the PowerBass 2XL 12's, I used to have the 3XL 15's in a suburban and it was very loud. Way more than I am looking for now.