Jay Greene vs Hemifever?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Out of curiosity, did you ever email Sean to let him know you thought about the tuning? I see so many people that get a base tune from Hemifever, never datalog or let Sean know how it is running, and then try something else. Your tuning is good for as long as you own the truck, so updates are free, and if there is something you are not happy with or want to try to improve on, its a simple email away.

You called it guilty as charged , I did not datalog or do anything but upload the 1st tune I received from both parties. I will order the 87tb from you next week and get an updated map with some datalogs for Sean to be fair. If I can get Green's throttle response with Hemifevers shifting I will be in Hemi heaven . But point made thanks for the insight .

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Shane, don't mind him. He bought a ferd and doesn't understand why his rpms don't start at zero from a stoplight.....:naughty:

Hope you , and everyone you care about, are high and dry right now.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Hope you , and everyone you care about, are high and dry right now.

Well thank you! We're good, a few blocks away from the action. We had plenty of warning this time and they actually dropped the predicted crest almost 2 feet yesterday. The hwy 150 bridge coming into town is already closed :/ should crest around midnight here about 3 feet below what it did in '08

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well thank you! We're good, a few blocks away from the action. We had plenty of warning this time and they actually dropped the predicted crest almost 2 feet yesterday. The hwy 150 bridge coming into town is already closed :/ should crest around midnight here about 3 feet below what it did in '08

If it happened in Texas, everyone would be going tubing.

Axel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram
We did that a lot when I lived in Lubbock. The dust storms, yeah don't miss that.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We did that a lot when I lived in Lubbock. The dust storms, yeah don't miss that.

Ain't nothing like flat ground, dust, and a lot more flat ground.

Sent from the fetal position using Tapatalk

Axel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram
I do miss a Spanky's burger though. Green Chili and Swiss Damn they were good.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do miss a Spanky's burger though. Green Chili and Swiss Damn they were good.

Their big ass blocks of fired cheese... I have only been there once like 2 years ago. I don't know how long you have been away but there has probably been 2000 new restaurants open up since

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too many trees and the water is hummin a bit too fast lol

More fun that way. Get 5 inner tubes all tied together. One for you, your kid, your wife, your beer and your fishing gear, and then ride that river till you're either out of beer or tired of your wife.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I see this thread has skewed way off course since my dissertation post, but I just wanted to follow up with this. After my post I was contacted by Sean (and Matt from Moe's) regarding my tune. There was a lot of miscommunication apparently due to Sean's overload of customers, and the fact that most of them aren't as **** and picky as me. I worked with Sean on Friday and he was able to give me a tune that shifts much smoother under normal driving conditions, IMO identical to Jay's tune. As for which is quicker in the 1320, who knows? Apparently the closest tract to me is about 2.5 hours away, and I'm usually too busy to do anything 30 minutes out of the way, so I'm not banking on making it to a strip any time soon.

I guess to close (then I'm done with this thread), if you want to figure out which tuner to use, call them. Pick their brain. Get to know them, let them know what you want, and you make the decision. If you want any advice beyond that, PM me.

***drops mike, walks out***

Last edited:

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Which transmission do you have Nick??

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Nick, I'm glad the updates were what you were looking for.

Everyone wants more power, but drivability and shift patterns/firmness are going to be different for everyone based on their needs. If you work with either of these guys to get the driveability where you want it, I think everyone would be happy regardless of which tuner they are working with. You just have to keep in contact with them and let them know what you do or dont like so that they can get it dialed in exactly how you want it.

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
rst

I have both 93 tunes from Jay and Hemifever . I am willing to bet the Greene racing tune makes more torque at a lower rpm . If I get a chance in the next few weeks I will throw the Ram on the dyno just to see . They do shift different and that could be personal preference but most people will be able to feel the difference . I purchased from Moes and ran the 87 canned tune first then filled with 93 and ran the Hemifever 93 tune and was like aahh nice great shifting but it left me wanting more. Then I ran the Greene tune just for ***** and giggles and the first downshift I did I could tell right away that my truck responds better to the greene tune. Nothing wrong with Hemifever as the truck ran good and actually puts the power down on shifts better in my opinion . Like I said If I get to the dyno and if anyone wants I will PM them the results .

Have you had a chance to dyno both tunes?
im assuming you prefer the green tune due to the drivability.
I see a lot of good things from both but i see more detailed and refined tuning from greene, not trying to knock hemifever tuning one bit

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And here we go again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member