Just got rid of my Toyota Tacoma for a 2022 Ram 1500 Warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tone18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got a great deal on a 2022 leftover Warlock, pretty loaded 54k MSRP for $40,400+ TTL

Almost an even trade on a Tacoma. Couldn’t resist the upgrade go a full size V8 decently loaded.

Great truck, obviously early but the early
Impressions are very strong.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats. You came to the RIGHT place! Welcome aboard!

....Now how about some pics :waytogo:

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum.

Sounds like a great deal you got, and think of all the mods you can do with the savings :favorites37:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
4x4?

Just curious, if you've owned other (non-toyota) trucks before?

Last edited:

znrh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had ordered a Maverick hybrid last year in Sept during the 1 week window and finally Ford tells me they're going to build it in July 23 but since then I bought my 22 RAM Bighorn Night edition and there is NO WAY I'm going to settle for the POS Maverick after experiencing the comfort and power of the Hemi. So when they call me to come get the Maverick I'll probably tell them to keep it

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I sat in ...and looked over a Maverick. Seems like it's going to be a home-run for Ford ..for the price. Completely different class vehicle than the Ram.

ZNRH: Glad your Ram is working out great for you!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Got a great deal on a 2022 leftover Warlock, pretty loaded 54k MSRP for $40,400+ TTL

Almost an even trade on a Tacoma. Couldn’t resist the upgrade go a full size V8 decently loaded.

Just curious, what was overall ownership experience with the Tacoma.

neuroticanobscene

Reaction score

Sorry to bring back an old post, but I'm close to trading my '22 TRD Off-Road Tacoma for a base Ram (haven't decided on Classic or '24 yet, both about the same price).

You still happy with the Ram compared to the Tacoma? Do you do any off-roading? Is the Ram decent enough off-road in stock form, or with some AT tires (I don't expect to compare to the Taco, but the Taco is overkill for my off-road needs).

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to bring back an old post, but I'm close to trading my '22 TRD Off-Road Tacoma for a base Ram (haven't decided on Classic or '24 yet, both about the same price).

....IDK, proceed with caution. You might not like the extra room, smoother ride, more hauling & towing capacity, quieter cabin, ability to slide a 4x8 sheet in the bed, kick butt stereo, chicks mouthing the words "Wow, THERE's a Ram!" as you drive by (lol) ..and about 2 mpg less.

(just kidding...I've owned Toyotas, they're great. But the big 3 seem to have full-sized tks dialed in about right. Toyotas are pretty stout off-road. Warlock should do you fine but probably won't be quite as capable if you had a TRD. OTOH, Rams are larger and might be harder to pilot through the same obstacles as your Tacoma. Just have to take it a little easier.)

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What kind of off-roading do you do btw? And how frequently? (Mountain/forest trails? Rock crawling? Mud bogging? Couple times a year hunting trips? ...Sand dunes?)

:happy160: