Just need to rant a little.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
This is to the person that cut the lower front lower corner off an almost rust free and otherwise straight 8 ft gen 3 bed. You could have taken the corner off any of the 6.5 footers but chose to turn this unicorn into plow horse headed to the glue factory. I get it, you needed the part, but you didn't need it from that bed. First come, first served, snooze you lose, etc, etc. I hope it works out for you. My search continues.

CliffordK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Junkyard woes?

I find that 8 foot takeoff beds are relatively common on Craigslist, at least for newer generation pickups.

Dang, I just did a road trip back to Detroit/Indianapolis. I even have a cradle built to safely carry a bed. Oregon also doesn't get deep rust, assuming it is mostly from this area.

I hate to be the one to do the first cut on a perfectly good cab or bed.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I was surprised back in 2018, i was driving back in Connecticut, i like to look at the storage yards of businesses like snow plow companies, as i am driving past.

One shop sold plows & sand hoppers that bolt to the frame of the bed area.
I did not stop to ask about the several truck beds that were on blocks in their storage area. It was on a 2 lane country road, well out of town

I don't know if the shop was storing the beds for the winter & when the plows were no longer needed, the owners paid a storage fee & put their beds back on, OR those beds were for sale, i know that there were at least 7 beds in that yard, all brands