Just ordered Opt 7 led's for dual lights and fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
seems to be a lot of interest in the product and I've always thought these lights/bulbs sucked ass. Not wanting to put that much into buying projectors I'm gonna try these bulbs out. Hopefully I'll get these while I'm off next week and put up some before/after pics. I'm guessing the only way to replace the bulbs is to take the entire light out?? Involving removal of the grill....
Also can the fogs be ran alone?

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will need to take the grill off for the headlights and the fogs are just pulling them out and putting them in. Make sure your use all the wiring they send you due to they may not work otherwise.

zkahn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I just got mine in. I've taken that grill off more times than I care to admit. If this is your first time removing the grill it's scary but it does pop off. Pull until you think you are going to snap something and then pull a bit harder.

It takes about 1 min longer to install these as opposed to regular halogen bulbs due to the extra pig tails. I did have to use a small precision screwdriver to lift the lock slide on the original plug. Not sure if you need to do this but I don't want any issues. From what I can see with them shooting into my garage they are much brighter than the set of PIAA bulbs that I had in there. I'm waiting for the sun to set here so I can get a better view. Very white light (compare it to the high end light options on our trucks) from what I see in my garage.

I also have a pair of HELLA 500 fogs behind the grill and I picked up some led's for these too. I did run into an issue with the bulbs pushing into the back of the housing. I ended up drilling a knockout in the back and siliconing to seal everything back up.

I now only have 2 incandescent bulbs left on the truck...The cargo bed lights.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I also got mine in the mail today. Do you have to use one of the included extra adapters?

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Got mine in the mail today as well. They look great, except I have a little problem. I adjusted the lamps so that they are completely even against a wall. But when I'm driving, as you can see in the pics, it looks like the right lamp needs to come up a good ways. But when I bring it up, it's wayyyyy off. When you look at the lights, the passenger side is brighter than the other. Love the lights, just trying to figure out what's wrong with the alignment:

Before:
picture.php

After:
picture.php

Parked - Low beams w/ fog:
picture.php

Parked - High Beams:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Driving - Low Beams w/ fog:
picture.php

Driving - High Beams:
picture.php

I can tell you that I have smoked lens covers on the fog lamps and you don't even notice if they are on or off at all. They are H10 CREE bulbs. Let me know what you guys think as well as what to make of the offsetting beam direction.

Adam

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
got the kits in today. put the fogs in they were plug and play pretty easy. Not any better for light output. actually less. here is a pic of the lightbulbs for the duals. It was put together like this. just have to add the pig tail for the connection.

Attachments

• led.jpg
    led.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
got the kits in today. put the fogs in they were plug and play pretty easy. Not any better for light output. actually less. here is a pic of the lightbulbs for the duals. It was put together like this. just have to add the pig tail for the connection.

Did they send you capacitors? Try them as you have them in the photo to see if you get any error codes, if not you will need capacitors...

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How many leds are on one of them?

What's the wattage per light?

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Last edited:
OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Did they send you capacitors? Try them as you have them in the photo to see if you get any error codes, if not you will need capacitors...

so if I get a code I need them or if I don't get a code I'll need them??

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are these OPT7 fog and headlights with capacitors for use as a replacement bulb in the basic Factory quad light trucks

Sorry if this has been covered

xbxjunkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you get a code you will need them but if they will send for free I would get them just in case

hey big, thanks for all the info regarding the opt7 leds, i'll be running these when i get my spyders

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey big, thanks for all the info regarding the opt7 leds, i'll be running these when i get my spyders

No problem, that's what this forum is all about. We each help one another. I've asked and gotten much help from many folks on here and I'm just paying back

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
so I just got back from a ride around the neighborhood. last night when I made those videos it was rainy so I wanted to see how the fogs alone did. I feel a little better about them now, still think the stock bulbs had more light but I do believe from what I've seen they will both work well together. Honestly I never ride with just the fogs on ( hell didn't know I could til last week ). Could I have gotten a better fog bulb replacement, probably, but not really knowing I got what probably has been the most talked about bulb company in a while...

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad it works better.

I hadn't heard of opt7 until someone mentioned it here on this forum a few months back.

I was interested in tryin the LED bulbs as well but I think I'll stick with my Hids or at least until they crap out.

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
ok I got the H13's in my duals today BUT I don't think things are all well and good.... I didn't get a code or anything but I think I do have a slight flickering. I need to wait til the night to verify, could've been the vibration of the HEMI beast we have for a motor. Anyway check out these pics of the bulbs seated in the lights. Should the red part be up and down, not tilted?

why in the hell do these pics show sideways???? when they are correct on my cpu.

Attachments

• opt7.jpg
    opt7.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 61
  • opt72.jpg
    opt72.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 62