Keep an open mind!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
So you went against better judgment and got a peal and stick ?

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Pretty much ^^^r u ''still here''

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
I actually think you pulled it off pretty well...you can only do what your budget allows and you did just that...

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I actually think you pulled it off pretty well...you can only do what your budget allows and you did just that...

Thanks waiting for the final touches, driving me nuts....i need thats seemless look or it's coming off, I have little patience for half ass work, no what I mean?

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya...when the guys over in the S10 world do body drops they use something like a body filler, but it actually smoothes and hides seams..I forget what it is called, it's definately NOT bondo though...I'm gonna try and find out what they call it and let you know what it is...

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Yeah I hear ya...when the guys over in the S10 world do body drops they use something like a body filler, but it actually smoothes and hides seams..I forget what it is called, it's definately NOT bondo though...I'm gonna try and find out what they call it and let you know what it is...

Cool yeah, let me know, cuz I have rvt black lined up, but I wouldn't be able too color match it. being a silicone base. brilliant black crystal pearl is the color btw,.:naughty:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
freakin' Chrysler rep can't even spell.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Easwoods seam seaaler. they want just as much too ship. I'll look for it at pep boys, Thanks adam and it's paintable :)

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
No problem dude!!! I am sure there are cheaper brands out there that are just as good, if not better...

Boo Radley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 5.9
Not a big fan of fiberglass hoods. dealership where I work has a full body shop and install them time to time. they are expensive as hell and none of them fit right when they arrive. lots of custom work needed to get them to fit right. We also see trucks with cracked ones on occasion. seems every hunter with a fiberglass hood vibrates them until they crack bouncing off road.

there is a truck on another site where the guy bought that scoop and cut his hood and the scoop to make it functional and from the pictures you can't tell its not a one piece hood. maybe in person if you looked close it would look phony. I would do this at 1/5th the cost before I would buy a fiberglass hood myself.

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Bill, my honest opinion--I don't like those but if you blend it into the hood by actualy cutting the hood and blending in the edges and functional the I say heck ya. it will look way better.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I 'm gonna split the difference and try to blend it in too almost seamless. There will be a ridge. but not as noticeable as is. Sorry I'll buy a oem steel one from dodge before I cut into this one. I can aways sell it at a swap meet. Everyone is looking for a 300.00 dollar hood. :)

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I got my SRT10 steal OEM hood from a member here . It was new primed in box .I paid 500 bucks and 350 for paint .

Just do the right thing and get the real thing .

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I 'm gonna split the difference and try to blend it in too almost seamless. There will be a ridge. but not as noticeable as is. Sorry I'll buy a oem steel one from dodge before I cut into this one. I can aways sell it at a swap meet. Everyone is looking for a 300.00 dollar hood. :)

But I degress.

Boo Radley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 5.9
I got my SRT10 steal OEM hood from a member here . It was new primed in box .I paid 500 bucks and 350 for paint .

Just do the right thing and get the real thing .

This.

I've also never seen an aftermarket steel hood not fit well. I don't know why the aftermarket companies have no problem making a steel hood fit but can't ship out a single fiberglass one that doesn't need big time adjusting to get to fit right?

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
This.

I've also never seen an aftermarket steel hood not fit well. I don't know why the aftermarket companies have no problem making a steel hood fit but can't ship out a single fiberglass one that doesn't need big time adjusting to get to fit right?
The steel ones are cheap enough but I know I would get killed in shipping, as with a dealer, they will absorb that shipping cost,and any damages along the way. Same thing if I get it shipped, but It's not on my dime. Like I said I would but for the way my intake is, I would be getting it for cosmetics, I really don't think a cooler running engine is all that good for a motor , long term. It's good for the strip and maybe racing, but for a dd. Your inviting a sludge monster.
i did this
didn't the swarm 1 and 2 come with a stick on, ie non functional already, or did you augment yours?