Key fob questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Couple quick questions, I have a new to me 2020 1500 Laramie (coming from a 2019 Classic Big Horn) and while I do love the keyfob with keyless entry I have a question/issue

I can lock/unlock/remote start from inside the house, inside work with no issue but when exiting the truck if I have the key fob in my hoodie 8/10 times I cannot lock the doors by pressing the button on the door handle. I can always lock it instantly with the keyfob. When approaching the truck I have never had a issue unlocking the doors by simply touching the handle with the keys in my pocket. When starting the truck I get the "key fob not detected" message maybe 4/10 times, usually on the second push it will work normal. I replaced the keyfob battery with a quality energizer and it was the same before/after... no change at all

This normal with 5th gens?

Ponyboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Only problem I've had is when fob is in same pocket or proximity of my phone.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Any other transmitting items in your pocket (other fobs, smart phone, etc.) as Ponyboy said?

Also can be interference around the truck. Does it always happen in a certain place when the truck is parked? Near any transmission lines?

I did not have an issue with my fob but I have read of people having bad RF hubs that needed to be replaced if it not due to environmental issues like the ones listed above.