Key in ignition error aftermarket remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon Richards

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Just wondering if anybody has run into the same problem as me. I had a Fortin Evo all remote start system in my 2017 ram 2500, after I uninstalled it, now anytime I open the door after the vehicle is off I get the error for about four minutes that says key in ignition. Thus, my remote won’t let me lock the doors because it thinks the key is still inside. I have the tip start key, not a push button start. I reset the radio frequency hub using Alfaobd but it still isn’t working.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Jon Richards

Jon Richards

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I contacted the factory thinking the same thing, and they said the storing of the key immobilization data is in the removed unit. I’m now starting to think it’s a bad ignition and I should replace. Only $110 but I am not sure of the process in alfaobd to pair the keys to it.

OP
OP
Jon Richards

Jon Richards

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Update. Plugging in the pigtail in between the ignition must have shorted it out or sent a funky signal. I changed the ignition switch out and the problem is gone now. Thanks everyone. Now I need to figure out why my morimoto led headlights make my CarPlay go crazy.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Now I need to figure out why my morimoto led headlights make my CarPlay go crazy.
LEDs utilize a PWM type power regulation that can throw interference to radio signals. You may need to add a set of anti-flicker devices to help with the interference.

On a side slightly off-tpoic note, there are special LED bulbs for garage door openers that don't interfere with the opener.