Kicker Hideaway Pics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I know some of you are running the Kicker Hideaway sub and wanted to see where you guys were mounting it. Share some pics on where it's at and how you mounted it. How do you like it? I'm not looking for earth shattering bass, I'm to old for that ****, lol. Just want a well balanced sound to my Rockford 6x9's and 3.5's.

Paradeedle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one installed under my passenger seat. I will snap a picture today and post it. There is kind of a hump on the floor so it doesn't sit perfectly level but I strapped it down with the included straps so it is moving at all. It was a super convenient location for running all the wires.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks for the post. Just trying to get some ideas before I go this route. What head unit you running? What are you running for the inputs? Do you have the console? Is that how you run the wires?

Paradeedle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With panel removed
IMG_0190_zpsnttj1jxh.jpg

With the panel in place
IMG_0191_zpsc9vq2ob9.jpg

Remote bass knob
IMG_0153_zpspsgnlkj1.jpg

I have the 8.4" factory radio. I just tapped into the passenger side speakers for source. Yes, I have the full console but I just ran the power wire under the carpet behind the console and into the engine bay through a grommet that is on the driver side. The source wires just go like ~3 feet to the passenger kick panel.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I pulled the trigger last night. See if I'm lucky enough it shows by Saturday and I'll do it up this weekend. If not it'll have to wait for the following week.

I think this is the best option being I don't want to give up my cargo space under the back seats. I'm not looking for a sound system that shakes the ground really anyways. I'll be happy with just some deep rich bass to go with my Rockford replacements.

Thanks for the info man. I like where you put the bass level control. How did you mount it there? Hardware or something else?

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm curious how you mounted the brackets and straps now, lol. How did you fasten them to the floor? Looks like tapping screws but I'm not sure from the picture.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
cant speak for the guy with the pic, but little 3/8" coarse screws ( get a little bag at home depot for like $2 for 8-10 of them ) self tap right into the carpet. Done it many times when sticking an amp under a seat or other places where carpet was present. It grabs and holds perfectly fine.

Paradeedle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I mounted the bass knob with 3M double sided tape so it is removable.

I used 2 brackets on the side facing the picture using the supplied screws. It's basically just drilled into the carpet but not the floorboard like noupf said. I then used just one of the straps on the far side with 2 screws+washers screwed down into the carpet. Probably not ideal but hasn't moved in the 3 months it's been mounted.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks guys. Now if the FedEx guy come to see me tomorrow it'll be put in then. If not I may have to wait until next weekend.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't think it's going to make it by tomorrow. I think all FedEx and UPS trucks should run nitrous, so they can deliver more quickly, lol.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^ I'm curious about that too. Would be neat to get faster deliveries. But, I'm not sure I want to see thousands of drones flying across the sky making deliveries. Hearing that little buzzing sound while I'm enjoying a drink on my patio doesn't sound too exciting.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is true and its no where near approval by the FAA as they are still trying to get approval for any kind of drones to fly in civilian air space.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Oh......it's close. Come on FedEx guy, do the speed limit, lol. :burnout:

Paradeedle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live Indianapolis where we have Amazon Prime - Free same-day delivery :naughty:. It is AWESOME.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have to share. I've been building custom systems since the mid 90's. I took electronics in high school just to learn how to build good sound systems. Use to make extra money installing for friends back then.

This little 8" powered Kicker is impressive. Don't think I've ever heard this kind of rich bass from a 8" subwoofer. More impressive is it's only 150 watts RMS. I know it's a lot to do with the perfect match between speaker, amp, and the enclosure. Still pretty impressive.

I only post this because I was a little weary that it would be what I wanted. This thing's not going to shake your eyeballs out. But it adds amazing, rich bass to your sound system. If you're just looking to add some bass alongside your dash and door speakers, this little subwoofer will do it.

Paradeedle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the 8.4" screen or a different one? Mine sounds good but sometimes it will start to sound like it's wanting to clip. I was wondering what you had the settings set to on both the radio and the amp.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do you have the 8.4" screen or a different one? Mine sounds good but sometimes it will start to sound like it's wanting to clip. I was wondering what you had the settings set to on both the radio and the amp.

I have the RBZ touch screen. Using high level inputs off the back speakers. Still dialing it in at the moment but here are close to my current settings.

Stereo EQ:
Low level = +2
Mid level = -5
High level = +4

Hideaway:
Auto Turn On = +12v
Input level = hi
Phase = 0°
Bass Boost = about 45%
X-over freq = just under half
Gain = 60%

My remote bass level knob fluctuates based on what I'm listening to.

Just curious what input levels you using and if high level, which speakers?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Glad you like it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads