Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hold up, that lower skid for the westin is an extra 230 beans??!?!?! Wtf that's 1200 for that freaking thing....eat my balls

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think i recall you looking at prerunner bumpers? And the westin outlaw was one. I bought the westin outlaw, with skid plate (its a complete joke if you dont get the lower skid plate btw, so it looks like a cheap bumper but you literally only get half a bumper unless you buy the lower skid).

First thing about the outlaw, it was not designed to be used with any flare. I cut some OEM flares up and did some plastic welding on them and made a set that fit... and it still didnt fit lol. So i cut and welded the bumper ends to fit with my custom flares. Its all going in for color matched linex in a few weeks.

Rear bumper is staying stock, but im color match linexing that too. I may cut and add some flush mount pods to it later, maybe not.

Hold up, that lower skid for the westin is an extra 230 beans??!?!?! Wtf that's 1200 for that freaking thing....eat my balls

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I paid $1170CAD for both parts on 4wp with some deal going on (10% off i think).

Thats $880USD for bumper and lower skid.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I paid $1170CAD for both parts on 4wp with some deal going on (10% off i think).

Thats $880USD for bumper and lower skid.
I saw the price on their site and was thinking holy ****. It's worth the 8-9 for everything, but surely not the 1200 it retails for through them.

My buddy has a cnc water table and a bender in his new shop now, I really might just get ahold of him and build my own. I just haven't talked to him in a min so it's a scrub move, but I mean, he does have all the goods.......

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good lord, lets see the drawings for this unit. Gonna need a forklift to bring it to the post office.
Im trying but my laptop I have is having a problem with my CAD software im doing a hand sketch here right now

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey! There he is! Instagram buddies unite. I have pretty much all your ICI bumper pics saved on my phone so I can zoom in for closer looks, haha.

I had a pretty long email discussion with ICI and the great Cust. Service guy took the time to check multiple times to get several measurements for me. The lower flange on the lower mount is angled...and the distance from the bolt slot/hole at it's center to the flange is pretty much exactly the distance between the bolt hole of the tow hook to the rear of the hook (1 9/16").

From ICI custy service:

"The 1-5/16” is from the left of the slot where that blue dot is straight back (up in the picture) to the flange.
The distance from the center of the slot straight back is 1-9/16”
The distance from the far right of the slot straight back to the flange is 1-13/16”
The slot length is 1.25”.

View attachment 159748
(Looking up from bottom. Rear at top of picture, front at bottom. This would be the passenger side.)

If the bumper were to line up perfectly centered on your truck it would clear the tow hook. Any side to side adjustment would cause one side or the other to be too short for the tow hook and need to be notched"

From @BmSzondi89, showing the driver's side:

View attachment 159751

My Tow Hook measurements...
1 9/16" from center of bolt hole to rear of hook
1 7/16" from the end of where the slot would be on the bumper, to the end of the hook, if bumper centered

View attachment 159749
View attachment 159750

So, if bumper is perfectly centered, I'd have to grind off at least 2/16" of hook...or notch the flange like ICI mentioned. If it's not centered, then it will be more.

Worth it? I'd say yes...if that prerunner bar was higher to allow bigger round lights! As is, it's only 3 5/8" between bottom of prerunner bar and top of bumper and seems made for lightbars...not cool old school off roader lights!

So...I'm in decision limbo once again.

@Moparfanatic21 , 250-350# is quite heavy for my needs! Thanks tho. Still interested to see your ideas though as you develop them.

And sorry @Kyle McWilliams for hijacking your thread! I just get excited sometimes...

I went through the Icon vs Fox vs Bilstein 6112 issues...and just went Ham and got the Icons when I was sure the 6112s were not going to be available for a long time. Happy now, but ouch on the wallet. Going through Nick at gotexhaust really does help a ton, although my lead time was a couple months. YMMV. If you swap stuff out, I would guess you'll have no problem selling slightly used Icon stuff, by the way...
I plan on updating as I go. I always overbuild them as there is a lot of stress from a side pull with a winch. You can actually pull your frame together if it isn't braced right.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Got contact info for a local fab guy, I'm all for supporting local business, and saw his work in person and it was great quality. Hopefully he and I can work together on something to blend all these ideas together.

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got contact info for a local fab guy, I'm all for supporting local business, and saw his work in person and it was great quality. Hopefully he and I can work together on something to blend all these ideas together.

I don't see why he couldn't

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I don't see why he couldn't
Yea, it just takes time. I'm in no particular rush with this either as its not a make or break mod. I'm gonna try to blend everything into one decent bumper.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea, it just takes time. I'm in no particular rush with this either as its not a make or break mod. I'm gonna try to blend everything into one decent bumper.

Nothing wrong with what you want. I just started on the bumper for my buddy and I'd I decide to sell them my price would be $500 with no winch or $675 with a winch both will have shackles. Should greatly improve approach angle and will be built with American steel. I offer a warranty on all my products for the life of the vehicle. Doesn't matter if you are the original owner or not.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Nothing wrong with what you want. I just started on the bumper for my buddy and I'd I decide to sell them my price would be $500 with no winch or $675 with a winch both will have shackles. Should greatly improve approach angle and will be built with American steel. I offer a warranty on all my products for the life of the vehicle. Doesn't matter if you are the original owner or not.
Still interested in what you put together as well, so throw up some pics whenever :)

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still interested in what you put together as well, so throw up some pics whenever :)

I absolutely will on this thread. Im still out of town but are having my employees start on the cutting the metal. I have rough (I mean rough lol) drawings. I will test it to but since this is a side project in my off time it will take a bit. We are building a desert racing suspension for a customers 2018 Ram which takes priority at the moment. I literally started this company for Rams as we don't Getty as much love as the Jeeps which is bull in my opinion :D

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I absolutely will on this thread. Im still out of town but are having my employees start on the cutting the metal. I have rough (I mean rough lol) drawings. I will test it to but since this is a side project in my off time it will take a bit. We are building a desert racing suspension for a customers 2018 Ram which takes priority at the moment. I literally started this company for Rams as we don't Getty as much love as the Jeeps which is bull in my opinion :D
Its all good, we've all waited this long what's a bit more!

I agree, I mean **** f150s even have an entire company dedicated to them, we're like chopped liver

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its all good, we've all waited this long what's a bit more!

I agree, I mean **** f150s even have an entire company dedicated to them, we're like chopped liver

It's a shame this trucks are capable. My problem is im not big and shipping things would kill the price. I fell in love with Rams no matter what people say about them. My dream Ram is a true 4dr 2nd gen with a 5th gen interior. A man can dream...

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
It's a shame this trucks are capable. My problem is im not big and shipping things would kill the price. I fell in love with Rams no matter what people say about them. My dream Ram is a true 4dr 2nd gen with a 5th gen interior. A man can dream...
Shipping is where lots of people loose their shirts on things. Wonder if you can do a weld it yourself kit like a few companies do and flat ship the plate.

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shipping is where lots of people loose their shirts on things. Wonder if you can do a weld it yourself kit like a few companies do and flat ship the plate.

Thought about that but then I couldn't warranty it. As the bumper is only as strong as the welds.

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got home from work, these are all ive got for suspension so far. The eibach pro lifts for the rear. They look progressive? And the top portion has preinstalled pads on it.

20190325_131811.jpg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Got home from work, these are all ive got for suspension so far. The eibach pro lifts for the rear. They look progressive? And the top portion has preinstalled pads on it.

View attachment 160369
At least you've got something to show for the money spent! They're listed as linear coils. My bilsteins have the rubber pad thingers as well. Install em and run around with that drag racer look. [emoji41] fughit

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Light bars delayed due to UPS (what else is new? Worsr shipper ive ever dealt with. Never had a single shipment go smoothly with those idiots).

I wont have them before going back to work. So linex and bumpers/flares will go on, but no spacers or light bars for another month when i get back from another hitch at work.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Light bars delayed due to UPS (what else is new? Worsr shipper ive ever dealt with. Never had a single shipment go smoothly with those idiots).

I wont have them before going back to work. So linex and bumpers/flares will go on, but no spacers or light bars for another month when i get back from another hitch at work.
That sucks, but at least you've got something. I'm currently on hold with my **** as well, totally at a crossroads for storage with this freaking 5-7" bed. Like it's ridiculous pulling my bed box out every time I need to use it as a truck. But I'm a foreman and need to have tools at my disposal, and I like to have emergency tools as well. So it's like wtf do ya do. Ballsssssssss

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca