Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hey, Thats my Ram. The granite crystal metallic one with the ICI bumper. I personally liked the 3" of over width to go with the 1 piece front end we are working on. You are definitely able to attach recovery points to the bottom frame horn mounts where the bumper attaches. These bumpers are very light and do not have a huge underbite either i have some side profile pics if you'd like
Please

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just for a reference point on weight, i think my upper bumper/upper skid plate weighs in around 90lbs, and then the (mandatory in my opinion, idk why they dont just sell it as a package aside from maybe making replacement of dented lowers easier) lower skid plate assembly is probably in the 35lb range. All in for the bumper with no lights on it about 125lb.

Id probably call anything over 200lb "heavy". Im not sure what something like an iron cross with 'prerunner bar' weighs but i would expect it to be up over 200lb.
Rough calculations in my head mine would probably be anywhere from 250lbs to 350lbs

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
View attachment 159737 Here ya go, and weight of the bumper is maybe a little over 100lbs fully dressed with skid plate and panels
Got any more pics? I never saw this bumper in my searches. It's between this and the body armor for me as of now. Both seem to be give and get in one way or another.

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

bruiserRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey, Thats my Ram.

Hey! There he is! Instagram buddies unite. I have pretty much all your ICI bumper pics saved on my phone so I can zoom in for closer looks, haha.

I had a pretty long email discussion with ICI and the great Cust. Service guy took the time to check multiple times to get several measurements for me. The lower flange on the lower mount is angled...and the distance from the bolt slot/hole at it's center to the flange is pretty much exactly the distance between the bolt hole of the tow hook to the rear of the hook (1 9/16").

From ICI custy service:

"The 1-5/16” is from the left of the slot where that blue dot is straight back (up in the picture) to the flange.
The distance from the center of the slot straight back is 1-9/16”
The distance from the far right of the slot straight back to the flange is 1-13/16”
The slot length is 1.25”.

PRF200DG Mount 2.JPG
(Looking up from bottom. Rear at top of picture, front at bottom. This would be the passenger side.)

If the bumper were to line up perfectly centered on your truck it would clear the tow hook. Any side to side adjustment would cause one side or the other to be too short for the tow hook and need to be notched"

From @BmSzondi89, showing the driver's side:

Screenshot_20190221-004722.png

My Tow Hook measurements...
1 9/16" from center of bolt hole to rear of hook
1 7/16" from the end of where the slot would be on the bumper, to the end of the hook, if bumper centered

IMG_20190222_153614.jpg
IMG_20190320_141453.jpg

So, if bumper is perfectly centered, I'd have to grind off at least 2/16" of hook...or notch the flange like ICI mentioned. If it's not centered, then it will be more.

Worth it? I'd say yes...if that prerunner bar was higher to allow bigger round lights! As is, it's only 3 5/8" between bottom of prerunner bar and top of bumper and seems made for lightbars...not cool old school off roader lights!

So...I'm in decision limbo once again.

@Moparfanatic21 , 250-350# is quite heavy for my needs! Thanks tho. Still interested to see your ideas though as you develop them.

And sorry @Kyle McWilliams for hijacking your thread! I just get excited sometimes...

I went through the Icon vs Fox vs Bilstein 6112 issues...and just went Ham and got the Icons when I was sure the 6112s were not going to be available for a long time. Happy now, but ouch on the wallet. Going through Nick at gotexhaust really does help a ton, although my lead time was a couple months. YMMV. If you swap stuff out, I would guess you'll have no problem selling slightly used Icon stuff, by the way...

Last edited:

BmSzondi89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got any more pics? I never saw this bumper in my searches. It's between this and the body armor for me as of now. Both seem to be give and get in one way or another.

I see you’re following me on IG now lol. If there are any other pics you’re needing let me know I’m away at work right now but have a bunch on my phone too.

Thats about par with the westin. I like it. The width is my only gripe on that one.

Yeah with me being stock width right now I’m dealing with it but even if I were to go with just the fiberwerx front fenders and rebel fillers below the headlights which are widened out the bumper tightens up nicely with the new bodylines, granted I know not everyone plans to go wide and long travel so it’s kind of a hold up for some guys.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I see you’re following me on IG now lol. If there are any other pics you’re needing let me know I’m away at work right now but have a bunch on my phone too.

Yeah with me being stock width right now I’m dealing with it but even if I were to go with just the fiberwerx front fenders and rebel fillers below the headlights which are widened out the bumper tightens up nicely with the new bodylines, granted I know not everyone plans to go wide and long travel so it’s kind of a hold up for some guys.
I should be good, didn't think to really search social media for more pics. But thanks! I don't think it fits excessively wide. Plus a super tight fit doesn't warrant alot of protection. I like this ici, alot actually. I'd look into a hidden winch setup behind it one day, but for the amount I'd need a winch it's not a deal breaker. Just gotta sneak the stock hooks on so I can make my buddies drag me out if need be. I gotta hit up Nick@gotexhaust and see what he can do on that bumper. The body armor looked promising but it really doesn't help approach angle at all, it's a big ol fat lip.

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey! There he is! Instagram buddies unite. I have pretty much all your ICI bumper pics saved on my phone so I can zoom in for closer looks, haha.

I had a pretty long email discussion with ICI and the great Cust. Service guy took the time to check multiple times to get several measurements for me. The lower flange on the lower mount is angled...and the distance from the bolt slot/hole at it's center to the flange is pretty much exactly the distance between the bolt hole of the tow hook to the rear of the hook (1 9/16").

From ICI custy service:

"The 1-5/16” is from the left of the slot where that blue dot is straight back (up in the picture) to the flange.
The distance from the center of the slot straight back is 1-9/16”
The distance from the far right of the slot straight back to the flange is 1-13/16”
The slot length is 1.25”.

View attachment 159748
(Looking up from bottom. Rear at top of picture, front at bottom. This would be the passenger side.)

If the bumper were to line up perfectly centered on your truck it would clear the tow hook. Any side to side adjustment would cause one side or the other to be too short for the tow hook and need to be notched"

From @BmSzondi89, showing the driver's side:

View attachment 159751

My Tow Hook measurements...
1 9/16" from center of bolt hole to rear of hook
1 7/16" from the end of where the slot would be on the bumper, to the end of the hook, if bumper centered

View attachment 159749
View attachment 159750

So, if bumper is perfectly centered, I'd have to grind off at least 2/16" of hook...or notch the flange like ICI mentioned. If it's not centered, then it will be more.

Worth it? I'd say yes...if that prerunner bar was higher to allow bigger round lights! As is, it's only 3 5/8" between bottom of prerunner bar and top of bumper and seems made for lightbars...not cool old school off roader lights!

So...I'm in decision limbo once again.

@Moparfanatic21 , 250-350# is quite heavy for my needs! Thanks tho. Still interested to see your ideas though as you develop them.

And sorry @Kyle McWilliams for hijacking your thread! I just get excited sometimes...

I went through the Icon vs Fox vs Bilstein 6112 issues...and just went Ham and got the Icons when I was sure the 6112s were not going to be available for a long time. Happy now, but ouch on the wallet. Going through Nick at gotexhaust really does help a ton, although my lead time was a couple months. YMMV. If you swap stuff out, I would guess you'll have no problem selling slightly used Icon stuff, by the way...

No problems here, this is the exact thread i was hoping to find before i bought my westin, but it didnt exist so i just sent it.

When i started digging into suspension heavy i figured it was time to make an account and stop creeping.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
No problems here, this is the exact thread i was hoping to find before i bought my westin, but it didnt exist so i just sent it.

When i started digging into suspension heavy i figured it was time to make an account and stop creeping.
Exactly why I start my ridiculous threads. Someone somewhere is looking for the same ****, at some point. Tho I still don't have a freaking idea what bumper I want. This sucks lol. 1st world problems

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Exactly why I start my ridiculous threads. Someone somewhere is looking for the same ****, at some point. Tho I still don't have a freaking idea what bumper I want. This sucks lol. 1st world problems

I'd like to fab someee kind of offset clevis mounts that clear the westin. I vote you get the westin and modify it.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I'd like to fab someee kind of offset clevis mounts that clear the westin. I vote you get the westin and modify it.
Not gonna lie, I really may. Gotta chop my flares to fit it anyway so may as well keep cutting.

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not gonna lie, I really may. Gotta chop my flares to fit it anyway so may as well keep cutting.

If you choose to cut your flares i got a bunch of info i can give you on that operation too.

20180905_145739.jpg 15531302142106811446673024503488.jpg 15531302445566751713510734916284.jpg 20180905_150724.jpg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
How does that westin mount? Universal mounts that have adapters for the trucks frame? I have an idea to get some shackle mounts on that thing pretty easily since the skids are removable

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is this plastic weld ****???

I cut right on the moulded in line on the flare, then i traced a template on some card stock to cap the end. The extra pieces of the flares that i cut off, i used the templates to trace onto those and cut out the end caps. Then i roughed up the back edge and the cut edge on the flare with some 80grit or something and used this JB weld. Sanded smooth, and since im bedlinering them it doesnt have to be absoultely autobody quality perfect, just close.

15531311355674786222526001253198.jpg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I cut right on the moulded in line on the flare, then i traced a template on some card stock to cap the end. The extra pieces of the flares that i cut off, i used the templates to trace onto those and cut out the end caps. Then i roughed up the back edge and the cut edge on the flare with some 80grit or something and used this JB weld. Sanded smooth, and since im bedlinering them it doesnt have to be absoultely autobody quality perfect, just close.

View attachment 159790
No ****, I never paid attention to that crap and I've seen it a bunch. I'll give it a try. These flares cost 40$ on eBay so no love lost if i mess em up. Still 50 / 50 on which bumper, I don't have to do **** to the body armor, I just lose a bit of clearance.

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How does that westin mount? Universal mounts that have adapters for the trucks frame? I have an idea to get some shackle mounts on that thing pretty easily since the skids are removable

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0dpyA1W0s9zg0VwfQjjSks

https://www.westinautomotive.com/outlaw-front-bumper/2014/ram/1500

Click the instructions for the bumper and the skid plate to see all the mounts and stuff.