Laramie vs Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jfrano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I really like the brown/frost interior of the Laramie, which isn’t offered in the Limited.

Can I configure a Laramie to match the Limited or are there items that are unquie to the Limited?

Thanks

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, for the most part; you can add Level 2 Equipment group, Advanced Safety Group, 22 inch wheels if you want them (but they are different), power running boards......but I don't think you can get Air suspension. For the record, I fell in love with the Longhorn with saddle brown/black interior and built it as a Limited except I didn't want or order air suspension for mine. Yes the price came in just under the Limited Price and ppl ask why didn't I just get a Limited. Short answer. Because I didn't want to. Another short answer. I don't like black interior. Get what you want .....even if you have to order it. By the way, my coworker ordered a Laramie and added all of the "goodies" that come on a Limited. Why? He wanted the Black Appearance package.

I would have paid more for my Longhorn than a limited just for the interior.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I agree get what you want if you are going to order. For me all I really wanted were three things. Now I needed a Laramie because I needed my wife to be comfortable lol.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
I looked at both as well. My favorite option was the air ride suspension which is available for the Laramie and standard on the Limited. But I wanted the front bench seats in the Laramie. I was able to find a dealer with a Laramie with air ride, front bench seats and 3.92 rear axle.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I had a Laramie that was loaded up and had almost the same equipment as the Limited on my last pickup. I like the bench seat, light interior of the Laramie. I ordered mine with everything but the ram boxes and panaramic sunroof. I also wanted the off road package and front tow hooks so I went with a Laramie.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It’s funny as I just found that the other day in mine. Also the fact that there is a drawer under my bench seat. I really do need to take some time and actually learn about this truck. :)

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
It’s funny as I just found that the other day in mine. Also the fact that there is a drawer under my bench seat. I really do need to take some time and actually learn about this truck. :)

Haha! Yes, the CD player is there too so good place to store extra disks lol.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
With the options I wanted it was cheaper to buy a limited. I really wanted a sport package but settled for painted bumpers and me doing a little customizing.

John813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The frost/brown interior sold me on the Laramie and the bench option brought back memories of my Lightning.

The 12" screen was cool, to me it wasn't worth the jump in price. If the Limited had the 6.4L(not the detuned 2500 version) I would of deemed it worthy in price lol.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
View attachment 132161 I like this pop out drawer below the center console in my Laramie with bench seats.

I have something similar on my 2015 Laramie. I had a guy break in but didn't find my pistol that was stashed in there. The bench seat option rules but most dealers won't order it that way.

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used to own a 2013 RAM 1500 Sport and it was loaded with everything I needed. I am now leasing a Charger Scat which is ending in November. I really liked the RAM Limited but have been wondering if a Laramie with the Sport pkg wouldn't be enough..

I am trying to find a thread with opinions on different trims.

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The only things you cant get in a laramie that you can on the limited is the higher grade LED headlights I believe and the upgraded interior materials like the soft touch doors with wood and metal. Other than that I believe you can get every option in a form of a package you just might end up paying more since they bundle multiple items into packages.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Actually easier to spec the truck the way you want in a laramie. Limited has to have the 12" screen and console for example and I don't like the 12"screen and would prefer the bench seat. Only real thing you can't get in a laramie is the upgraded leather seats.

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I agree get what you want if you are going to order. For me all I really wanted were three things. Now I needed a Laramie because I needed my wife to be comfortable lol.

Comfort is a large and important factor... if you have to live with a vehicle for several years and are not comfortable when using it, then you may grow to hate it (and maybe abandon the brand altogether).

BigRedd3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only things you cant get in a laramie that you can on the limited is the higher grade LED headlights I believe and the upgraded interior materials like the soft touch doors with wood and metal. Other than that I believe you can get every option in a form of a package you just might end up paying more since they bundle multiple items into packages.

I don't think you can get ventilated or reclining rear seats in the Laramie. At least, those features don't show up in the package descriptions that I've seen (I'm debating Limited vs Laramie with Level 2 myself).

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I actually kept a pillow behind my lower back for long drives before I finally noticed the seats has an electric lumbar support.

John813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think you can get ventilated or reclining rear seats in the Laramie. At least, those features don't show up in the package descriptions that I've seen (I'm debating Limited vs Laramie with Level 2 myself).

You get reclining rear seats in the Laramie. Think heated rear seats are in Level 2 package.

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Instead of creating a new thread, let me add my thoughts after driving both trims extensively.

Laramie:
- No air suspension.
- 8.4 screen.
- Leather seats.
- 3.92 gears.

Limited:
- Fully loaded.
- 3.92 gears.

- Impressions:

While I thought I would feel a big difference with the air suspension of the Limited, I really didn't. Maybe if you take it through a really rough pavement or off-road, there could be a noticeable difference, but through city l drive I didn't feel it.
The interior is more refined on the Limited, but I felt like I could be perfectly happy inside the Laramie interior.

My original choice was the Laramie, but I wanted the 360 camera and as I started loading with the options I wanted, it quickly entered onto Limited's pricing range, and at that point, it's worth spending maybe 1.5k more and getting the extremely refined interior on the Limited.

If you decide for the Laramie, the white with sport package looks INSANELY nice.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Instead of creating a new thread, let me add my thoughts after driving both trims extensively.

Laramie:
- No air suspension.
- 8.4 screen.
- Leather seats.
- 3.92 gears.

Limited:
- Fully loaded.
- 3.92 gears.

- Impressions:

While I thought I would feel a big difference with the air suspension of the Limited, I really didn't. Maybe if you take it through a really rough pavement or off-road, there could be a noticeable difference, but through city l drive I didn't feel it.
The interior is more refined on the Limited, but I felt like I could be perfectly happy inside the Laramie interior.

My original choice was the Laramie, but I wanted the 360 camera and as I started loading with the options I wanted, it quickly entered onto Limited's pricing range, and at that point, it's worth spending maybe 1.5k more and getting the extremely refined interior on the Limited.

If you decide for the Laramie, the white with sport package looks INSANELY nice.
Just dont get tow package. You will lose 360 camera.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk